weekly Leebert's 52 for 2020. Week 23 - Hidden.

I agree on the doorstep Lee, what a great thought from the owners.
Wow that's a great shot for the theme - couldn't get more colourful! And what a nice gesture by the residents.
Thats a great find for Colourful Lee lovely tones.
Very colourful Lee (y)
The owner evidently takes great PRIDE in the appearance of their house.
Respect!
Very good clean and colourful picture perfect for the theme
Nicely spotted and framed Lee and the colours are lovely.
Nicely done with great colours.
Very simple and very effective, perfect for the theme.
Great photo and another good archive for present times.

It's only a short road with about 10 terraced houses on each side but almost all of the families living there have done something or another to decorate their houses and gardens for key workers. It's on my route to the local shop. It always makes me smile and raises my spirits as I walk along there :)

Thank you all for taking the time to pop in and comment. It is much appreciated.

21 :wideyed: that’s one hell of an age congratulations to her

Nice close up too.

Awww nice old kitty :)

Colourful
Now that is a standout doorstep.

Old
Blimey, that's old for a puss cat.

That's a lovely idea for a cat image and well shot. Well done Kitty - my oldest was 18 and I thought that was pretty good.

That's one old cat for sure Lee.
Cracking close up.

WOW she is a good age. Beautifully captured, I would pop that photo on a canvas if she was mine.

21 :wideyed: that’s one hell of an age congratulations to her

Nice close up too.
21 !!! Blimey, I don't think any of my kitties have made it past 15 or 16...
Incredibly sharp close up there. (y)
That's a very good age! Lovely detailed shot.
Awww nice old kitty :)
Beautiful shot... So sharp. 21... Wow, she deserves the rest :agree:
21 WOW, what a great age and shot.
Colourful
Now that is a standout doorstep.

Old
Blimey, that's old for a puss cat.
That's a lovely idea for a cat image and well shot. Well done Kitty - my oldest was 18 and I thought that was pretty good.
That's one old cat for sure Lee.
Cracking close up.
Great close up.
WOW she is a good age. Beautifully captured, I would pop that photo on a canvas if she was mine.
Lovely close up of your 21 year old cat I hope ours live that long
That's just one lovely close-up.

Thank you all very much for your kind words. Kitty does well for her age. Everywhere in the house is her bed and there are strategically placed boxes etc to help her get up to the window sills and the like where she likes to sit and look. She maybe deaf and a bit arthritic but one bit of her that still works perfectly well is her nose when anything tasty gets cooked :D

Super close up, she looks very contended there. :)

Week 21 - Liquid and black & white technique.

Some time ago, I found a very interesting thread by GarethB to make a water drop controller for photography (thread link). I have never programmed and used an Arduino before but it was quite straight forward with the help of the thread as it had nice and simple steps to follow. It takes a few shots to get the timing correct as there are two drops of water colliding but once there it's nice and repeatable which makes life easier to get a reasonable shot.

Week 21 - Liquid. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Last edited:
That looks fantastic. Black & white is a bold choice, as most water droplet photos are vibrant colours, but I think this is perfect.

Nice done water drop. Maybe a bit of tidying up with the clone or heal tool bottom middle there?

That's a great shot - the black and white processing is impressive.

That's a cracking water drop Lee

That really works in B&W, Background what ever it is really suits the Image.

Pete

That's a cracking image Lee nothing to fault and the B&W conversion really suits it.

I thought I had commented on this already - I really like this in B&W. It's unusual - and good in it's own right, not just because it's different.

Back