Leeds city centre shoot

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Just thought I'd share a few of my faves from my Leeds shoot this week. It was a young couple (both 20) and we took a stroll around Leeds taking a few shots both with OCF, ambient and a combination. I'm going to Blog about it so if anyone's interested I'll add a link here when done so you can see the set

Vanessa had never posed for a camera before but took to direction well

These first two are with her stood against a metal strip at the entrance to a new office building lit by OCF in a gridded Beauty Dish, the last two are ambient on town hall steps - we couldn't really shoot at town hall as we'd planned due to ever ongoing building works there :(

So we shot by some shiny new buildings, town hall, a bus shelter, under the railway arches and finally by the canal at night. If you haven't tried this sort of thing go grab someone and have a go, its fun :)

As they are not strictly speaking clients I can pp as I fancy too :D

Broadoaks Wedding Photography by David Goodier Photography -009.jpg
Broadoaks Wedding Photography by David Goodier Photography -008.jpg
Broadoaks Wedding Photography by David Goodier Photography -023.jpg
Broadoaks Wedding Photography by David Goodier Photography -024.jpg

Dave

Hi Dave

Nicely done, pretty girl. I like the pp on the last 2. Like the different lighting in the first 2 especially as it's the same location.
I for one would like to read your blog, thank you for sharing. Ps can you go into great lengths your lighting setup;)

Cheers @bensherman2 - the first two are not only the same location but also the same lighting too, in fact, all I had her do to get these different looks was tilt her head either to the left or right, the heavy vignette in the first was added in Lightroom using the gradient tool

I'll post back here when I've done the Blog which will have quite a bit of detail, promise :D

@danpug The D750 is obviously much better at higher ISO than the D7200 so that's a bonus, but the greatest difference (which I'm loving) is the lack of DoF; it is so much shallower shooting around f2 than on the DX camera and its really suiting my newer style at Weddings :)

The difference is far greater than I thought it was going to be and it suits my type of portraits too

Dave

Nicely shot Dave. That gridded beauty dish is really cruel to skin, but the results are very striking. My fave is number 3: there's something about her expression that catches the imagination - and the warmer colours, smooth skin and lovely bokeh don't do any harm at all.

A nice demonstration of how important head angle is when using hard light.

Yup can make a huge difference can't it - EDIT - I just checked and those two shots were taken just 12 seconds apart !!!

A bit like where & what they are looking at can also make a huge mood difference even where their head hardly moves if at all; this sort of stuff is what I find so interesting in portraiture :)

Dave

Last edited:
Back