Left behind stuff

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
I might start an occasional project with this sort of stuff - there're no shortage of subjects to be had in our disposable society. These were a taken on Saturday. Just shots of rubbish, I suppose, but I think they still have an appeal to them nontheless.

Comments and critique always welcome. :)

Old No.7
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Calippo

Budweiser

Last edited:
I like them. I've got a growing collection of 'stuff left on benches', alcoholic bottles left in random places, and abandoned coffee cups. The trick is to make the picture interesting beyond merely the content after you've got a few of them. For the middle one, I would have tried shooting is so that the leading lines of the railing led you to the rubbish, rather than leading your eyes out of the back of the photo!

Nice idea.

Just consider that where there are reflective surfaces, you run into the old chestnut of your own reflection, but you have probably already recognised that fact.

Works pretty good for me Nige, great idea and certainly never a shortage of subject matter.(y)

"Coming from "Tennessee" I guess it's pretty easy to know which shot is my fav".:D:D

George.

I really like the impact of the first two. The third doesn't work so well for me, and I was trying to think why. I think the reason is the subject doesn't stand out as well, the bottle blends in to darkness on the left / bottom corner of the frame. Just to reiterate I really love that first picture, the processing just adds to the subject.

Number one looks like a great advert picture.

Number two I like the use of depth of field to isolate the subject, also the contrast of colour.

The idea of taking pictures of littered things is insane, IYAM!
Taking cool takes likes the first one is darn crazy and I love it.

Last edited:
Back