Left to rot and fall apart (Open Thread)

Name
kenneth
Edit My Images
Yes
I have seen a lot of images on here of things rotting and falling apart and thought I would start a thread on this.
Hope it takes off and we see some good images and subjects, I am always looking for ideas on my days out

Here is a couple of my "left to rot" images.

Thanks

17A.jpg

50 (1).jpg

This is near where I live.
I live oppsite Mike's Chipper, next to the Walled Garden

I've spent almost 30 years in Aberdeen Mike, living at Berryden. I'm in the process of moving to Banff - which is where I went to school. We often parked at the walled garden and walked the dogs around the two bridges.

"It Made Explore"
Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Romney Marsh Kent UK of one of the many discarded boats amongst many other things scattered about the beach that have just been discarded and left behind.
I've deliberately gone for a slightly higher contrast gritty look to this snap to emphasise the decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

RX10M4, 1/800th F5.6, ISO-100, Bit Of Fill Flash, Tripod.
Discarded Boat (1)-03456 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

I've spent almost 30 years in Aberdeen Mike, living at Berryden. I'm in the process of moving to Banff - which is where I went to school. We often parked at the walled garden and walked the dogs around the two bridges.
I lived in Banff for a couple of years in the early 80s - Crammond Terrace.
Worked for the Banffshire Journal as a printer/camera operator

Just another abandoned shop - but its been like this for decades - probably since the 80's. I often wonder who owns it now and why its been left in this state.

It was ( I think ) called Lloyds Bargain Stores but whatever it was called it was a Mecca for us in the 60's. The guy had loads of secondhand musical instruments as well as amps, turntables etc. The best thing about it was that he didn't mind us going in there and playing around with the guitars for hours. Trying that in Rushworth & Drapers in Chester and we would have been slung out in about 5 minules ( if we were lucky ).

2015-08-27-0002.jpg

Taken on film - can't remember the camera or film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last man standing in the demolition of an old soda ash site in Northwich Cheshire: just happened to notice this while waiting for a bus so snapped it.

PA052320.JPG

Just another abandoned shop - but its been like this for decades - probably since the 80's. I often wonder who owns it now and why its been left in this state.

It was ( I think ) called Lloyds Bargain Stores but whatever it was called it was a Mecca for us in the 60's. The guy had loads of secondhand musical instruments as well as amps, turntables etc. The best thing about it was that he didn't mind us going in there and playing around with the guitars for hours. Trying that in Rushworth & Drapers in Chester and we would have been slung out in about 5 minules ( if we were lucky ).

View attachment 312493

Taken on film - can't remember the camera or film.
He was still going strong in the early naughties as I used to buy stereo jack plugs there, been derelict for years now though ,but I passed on Monday and it had sold on the sign outside

Another one, all phone pics but from a lovely walk along the local estuary mouth

Attachments

• EE5BB626-65B2-4269-8661-B603460B5256.jpeg
    EE5BB626-65B2-4269-8661-B603460B5256.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 9
He was still going strong in the early naughties as I used to buy stereo jack plugs there, been derelict for years now though ,but I passed on Monday and it had sold on the sign outside

well I was only two decades out!

Probably - I guess that I only starting actually noticing things when I started taking a camera out with me.

The Ghostship Of Storm Dennis.jpg

Mv Alta or more known as the ghost ship of storm Dennis that was grounded off the coast of co. cork in February 2020

My rusty Nuts

Qqlv26l.jpg

A quiet lane in Devon
GE0_1454.JPG

Back