Left to the elements

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently we enjoyed a nice family holiday in Menorca and in our resort (Cala Blanes/Cala N Forcat) there were lots of nice restaurants. Unfortunately there were also quite a lot of 'Se Vende' or For Sale signs up on a number of properties and on the pubs/eateries. I just don't think that there are enough tourists in the area in order to keep all of them going. Maybe because of the exchange rate, who knows?

One area that caught my eye was a fenced area behind which there was a square with a few bars and an ice cream/pastries hut. These were on their way to being derelict. I managed to get for an hour to do some seascapes after a storm had passed and whilst on the way I stopped off at this square to capture some images. Here are a couple of the better ones (at least, I think!)

Closed/Forgotten by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

Closed/Forgotten by Chris Shaw - chriscross, on Flickr

I like them both, but the second one says derelict more than the first, and for that reason, I prefer it. I also like the crazy paving leading into the buildings

I like them both, but the second one says derelict more than the first, and for that reason, I prefer it. I also like the crazy paving leading into the buildings

Thanks pal. Yes the crazy paving makes me wish I spent more time there! Reminds of of the desert!

Back