Lego and other Minifigures

Some seem to have the same (or bigger!)
budget for the bricks as mine for gear! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I can't categorically say that nobody is sponsored, but most builders pay out-of-pocket to create, transport, and exhibit their creations; they do it all out of love for Lego.

The seriously big models like Tower Bridge and the QM are made by a professional outfit called Bright Bricks. Most of what they make is commissioned. If you see a life-size Lego telephone box or a Xmas tree in a railway station then that's BB at work. As Duncan, the boss of BB, is a certified Lego professional BB is able to talk direct to Lego for supplies.
Those of us who do it because we want to, pay for it ourselves as Tori says. However, those of us who belong to a recognised Lego User Group get a bulk order each year which lets us buy large quantities of a limited number of parts at good prices. The discussions over what to order each year can be entertaining.... Lego also supplies 'Event support' if there are more than a minimum number of LUG members at an event so every member will come away with at least a modest sized set.

my%20brudda.jpg

Hey, dat's my brudda!

...by a professional outfit called Bright Bricks.
So do you think they would've been the people who made the five foot tall Emmet (and the 18" Darth, Yoda, and R2) out of bricks, that Toys Я Us had?

Talking of Toys Я Us, I see their Lego discount has now gone up to 20%.

So do you think they would've been the people who made the five foot tall Emmet (and the 18" Darth, Yoda, and R2) out of bricks, that Toys Я Us had?

I think they're in-house TLG models as Bright Bricks is more about one-offs than production and these models were probably used in TrU stores across the UK and USA.

Now 25% but not much left; just some Superheroes, Batman and Starwars plus a few F(r)iends sets and a load of polybags at £1.99 but nothing I thought I could make use of.

Now 25% but not much left; just some Superheroes, Batman and Starwars plus a few F(r)iends sets and a load of polybags at £1.99 but nothing I thought I could make use of.
Looked in this afternoon on the way back from Tesco; pretty much the same, but there's an extra 10% of the discounted receipt total now.
Saw two different girls wanting Batman sets, and being told they're getting Friends. :rolleyes:

Oh, they had large quantities of eight foot long rainbow pastel plush caterpillars at 50% off, if anyone's interested... :p

We were on the M4, coming back from visited my mother in London, and I wanted to drop into the Reading store to see if the selection was the same as Swindon but
a) I was listening to the Grand Prix
b) It was raining heavily and
c) Mrs S told me I had enough plastic tat
After thirty-six years of marriage I know my place........

30% now, and there were a few bits that weren't there on Sunday:
A load ov VW campers
A Big Ben
A couple of Brick Banks
A couple of Mindstorms EV3s
An Assembly Square
A couple of Bucket Wheel Excavators

I asked where they'd come from.
"Oh, we keep finding bits in the warehouse we hadn't noticed.", said a staff member.
Bits?!? o_O
Have you seen the size of those sets?

Lego are releasing some "Jurassic World" branded sets for the 25th anniversary of the franchise.
Something to chase the stormtroopers away from the pizza van. :p

Chef: "Look, you arrest the squirrel for theft, then we get it in the oven by saying it's a holding cell!"
Cop: o_O "You know these 'cuffs are plastic, right?"

Have you got any minifigures with wings?
You could stand him on a shell and re-create Botticelli's "Birth of VenusWall-E". :p

I've just rebuilt him with the revised neck parts. I have some plans for him but they'll have to wait until after 13th May as we're back at GWSR Toddington station that weekend. I'm busily rebuilding the 10247 Ferris Wheel at the moment then some of the shops are in pieces at the bottom of the box and need fixing.

Back