Lego and other Minifigures

I was hoping to keep it to cameras but I wouldn't be surprised if the odd pizza slice or hotdog got taken on-board.

No, I hadn't so thanks for that. I think.... £300 is a lot more I than I've ever paid for a set and I don't think I'll be buying this one, even if I can get 15% off at STEAM this year. The real problems will be moving the thing as it's 48 x 96 studs and finding somewhere to store it. I'd love to build it but common-sense (AKA Mrs S) will probably stop me.

That's a shame. If common sense doesn't prevail, do you think the coaster cars could be modified using Star Wars Microfighters to make it themed for the troopers?

It'll depend on the clearances as the cars go round. I found even a 1x1 round brick used as a telephoto lens for a camera-wielding trooper was enough to obstruct a gondola on the ferris wheel so clearances can be very tight. It would also probably need someone with better building skills than mine, not that that's difficult.

Paul, this ruins SW Canon.
She'll need to use The Force to make him go propose to Phasma instead.

Or just ploat him with a staff.
She's more practised at that.

Paul, this ruins SW Canon.
She'll need to use The Force to make him go propose to Phasma instead.

Or just ploat him with a staff.
She's more practised at that.

:D

I must stay out of this thread, every time I pop in I get tempted to have a go.......

The garage has a toy box of Lego stuff that I hear voices coming from......

I must stay out of this thread, every time I pop in I get tempted to have a go.......

The garage has a toy box of Lego stuff that I hear voices coming from......

tumblr_lqkaa0cc7Z1r25534o1_500.gif

So here's some of what I showed at GWSR last weekend. It seemed to go well but we can't recommend going on the 'Cheltenham Fryer' as the fish-and-chips weren't good.
Here's my layout, it's six tables, long edges together and each small square is 15" or a 48-stud baseplate square.
GWSR2018-0.jpg

GWSR2018-1.jpg

A mini-me capturing the action.

GWSR2018-2.jpg

GWSR2018-3.jpg

A view of Bricksham Terrace.

GWSR2018-4.jpg

Old steamers on display.

The large prairie at the front isn't motorised as there's just nowhere to put one so I made a little 'pusher' goods wagon for it. Seen here on a collaborative layout at STEAM a few years ago.
green-train2.jpg

The dark green one at the back is an unusual (for a tank engine) 4-6-4 configuration and the rear 4 is a train motor. The battery fills the cab and coal bunker and the IR receiver can just be seen in front of the cab.
I built them both from plans bought from the same Dutch designer and the large prairie holds the blame as being the model that got me into Lego trains.....

A couple of shots from the Brickish chairman's Flickr set:
40307156400_0ae7f03d94_c.jpg

Setting up in the diesel shed where we had most of the train layouts as the ground was level, unlike the car-park under the marquee....

28241288338_8a0b50cbef_c.jpg

A rare sighting of Mrs S on the train cam.

Last edited:
I saw some cool photos on reddit of storm trooper figures shot looking like real people. I decided I was gonna have a go and looked on ebay for some toys of my youth. It turns out my 39year old self cant or wont buy what my 10 year old self had.

My ten year old self had luke, lando, darth. han, a load of weird characters and far too many ewoks. I seem to remember my mum would let me choose one a week and I remember buying a lot of ewoks. Who knew thew wouldn't be classics. I also had the falcon a walker and some at ats. Also in my day I was able to afford a bucket of random lego with no merchandising attached.

Yes also troopers. I like the imperial storm troopers that had the red cloak.

Could you get a few of the Hi-Vis Lego City engineers?
They lend themselves well to being photographed while creatively (and dangerously) using power tools to do innocuous things like opening a beer can, or a pack of biscuits, or changing a remote battery, so they don't (initially) need much in the way of extra Lego, just the things you have lying around the house that present problems to people 4cm tall.

I'm over it now however I had a look at how much big figures cost and bought these just cost they seemed like crazy good value for something I didn't really want in the first place. The big one is 32 inches and the smaller one is 20 inches. 6D for scale. I guess i'm a nerd now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180528_230315.jpg
    IMG_20180528_230315.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 17
Managed a few pics at the weekend

Stikbot and Patch out for a walk

There's something over there!

IMG_8256 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

No, now it's over this way...

IMG_8257 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Nothing here..

IMG_8258 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

I aint afraid of no ghosts...

IMG_8261 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

IMG_8264 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Has it gone???

IMG_8265 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

I still think we are being watched Patch!

IMG_8266 by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back