Lego and other Minifigures

The final egg hatched - it was a rabbit - I was just as confused as the chicks...

chicks-rabbit-8186.jpg

Ha ha, these are excellent. I can't believe there's a whole thread just for mini figures!

I'll be honest, I tend to use the camera on a tripod, controlled "available light" (as in if it's a murky shot, then I'll draw the curtains as a diffuser) and maybe use a desk mini anglepoise lamp perhaps with coloured gels (nothing fancy - think quality street wrappers :LOL:) and perhaps reflectors (a sheet of A4 or a bit of silver foil maybe)

The last shot I posted was taken at f/5.6 for 2.1 seconds, which gives you some idea of the amount of light that was actually knocking around...

these things are ideal for playing about with continuous lighting - it's not as if they're running around at high speed and need flash to freeze the action...

I've even shot things pretty much purely with candlelight and a reflector or two...

Indy and the Mummy
by The Big Yin, on Flickr

The Munny and his Skeleton Minions go all Ray Harryhausen on Indy, while Spielberg and the crew keep the cameras rolling ;)

Nice one. Love the ones from Indiana Jones!. Well done!

Back