Lego and other Minifigures

Harry, a quick processing tip:
If you use manual settings, a tripod and remote release (to ensure no camera movement) you can use Lego scaffolding, fixed to points facing away from the camera, to support the shark/swimmers.
Then you take them away and take another shot without them. Use this second shot as a base layer and place the diver shot on top.
Then, use an erase-to-transparent tool to "rub out" the scaffolding and let the empty background shot show through. the result will be floating Lego men. (y)

(That's what I did here.)

Harry, a quick processing tip:
If you use manual settings, a tripod and remote release (to ensure no camera movement) you can use Lego scaffolding, fixed to points facing away from the camera, to support the shark/swimmers.
Then you take them away and take another shot without them. Use this second shot as a base layer and place the diver shot on top.
Then, use an erase-to-transparent tool to "rub out" the scaffolding and let the empty background shot show through. the result will be floating Lego men. (y)

(That's what I did here.)
I did it the hard way with fishing line, and then cloned it out.

The Wall has been around almost as long as the Minifigures. I'll bet it's never been out of the Legoland Top Ten. :p

Dude, I've got to ask; Why are you wearing Galaxy Squad spacesuit pants with a Hawaiian shirt? :thinking: </geek>

The Wall has been around almost as long as the Minifigures. I'll bet it's never been out of the Legoland Top Ten. :p

Dude, I've got to ask; Why are you wearing Galaxy Squad spacesuit pants with a Hawaiian shirt? :thinking: </geek>

It's how he rolls :cool:

Back in 2011 I tried and failed to complete the 52 week project. Week 14 that year was "Object" and I took a lego shot for that. While they were out I took another couple to complete the story.

Object week 14
by barrysprout, on Flickr

Object result

Punk's Not Dead

Finding this thread gives me an excuse to give the shots another airing :D

Had another go but not lego, does it count!

Star Wars Figures.jpg

Last edited:
No rules that I know of Jonothan. I post Minions :)

Cool action shot.

After many experiments, Prof. Delambre finally proves that science can triumph over nature.
But science cannot trumph over science...

The Fly
by Tori_T on Talk Photography

I'm waiting for the French minifigures in the castle to fire a cow at him; then he'll move! :runaway:

hahahahaha... That would be cool. Then he could taunt him with an outrageous French accent :D

this thread is awesome !!!! what fantastic pictures !!! all of you give yourself a pat on the back I love them all :)

Lego Friends (and Enemies)
The solution to the problems with gendered Lego sets is integration.
And ninja moped theft.
13724-1447596263-69be8f197392b1d38dc018d42a557c57.jpg

Back