Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes

The pictorial qualities of the Greenshank shot
are far beyond those of the other takes though
it "feels" slanted. the Lapwing is also very good
but too centred IMO.

The slanted look to the Greenshank comes from the way the bird kept holding its head often looking up for birds of prey.

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I quite like putting the object of my shots in the centre of the shot especially when there is no real interest in the back ground or fore ground.

But thanks the comments.

Tim

It's difficult to get good shots from this hide due to the height but I think you've produced some nice stuff here Tim.

Due to the angle I think the reflection is important here, do you have the full reflection in number 2? I think that could be much nicer with a slightly different crop if you had the space.

I agree the Greenshank needs a bit of a rotation. If you use the straighten tool and draw a vertical line between the same point on the bird and the reflection ( I used the eye ) it looks a bit better balanced. Those circles in the water are confusing though in regards of the levels!

Mike

Excellent set Tim was at Leighton Moss about a month ago but travelled light just with Swaro bins,this hide if my memory is correct is set away from main reserve.
GEORGE.

It's difficult to get good shots from this hide due to the height but I think you've produced some nice stuff here Tim.

Due to the angle I think the reflection is important here, do you have the full reflection in number 2? I think that could be much nicer with a slightly different crop if you had the space.

I agree the Greenshank needs a bit of a rotation. If you use the straighten tool and draw a vertical line between the same point on the bird and the reflection ( I used the eye ) it looks a bit better balanced. Those circles in the water are confusing though in regards of the levels!

Mike

Hi Mike

I do have a shot like number with the full reflection in, I think it's on my Flickr site I will have a hunt around.

Tim

Back