Wild Lembeh Underwater

Whats Lembeh like Lee? Its somewhere always on the periphery of my thinking but I'm always drawn to the big animal places

A couple of crackers - did you use a snoot for that octopus shot, and if so how hard was it? I'm off to El Gouna in a few weeks and wouldn't mind trying something a bit different

Mike

Mike, Lembeh is awesome, its my favourite place to go at the moment, I do need to check out some other macro destinations soon though!

I know exactly what you mean about the big stuff, I was the same until I went here. Macro really slows you down, the creatures cant move that quickly so you can take your time and try different things, whereas a Dolphin/Shark can be gone in a matter of minutes!

Yes the Octopus was with a snoot, its not an easy thing to do. I normally set myself up on a blank bit of sand, moving it around until I get it into the focus zone, I will then try not to move it or the focus. I will then go and look for subjects and just move the camera until its in focus, I then know the snoot will light it. It can be very frustrating, Ive almost left the snoot on the land as its so frustrating, but worth it if you can get it to work. One way to use it is to get your buddy to hold it for you, they then just need to aim it at the subject :)

Mike, Lembeh is awesome, its my favourite place to go at the moment, I do need to check out some other macro destinations soon though!

I know exactly what you mean about the big stuff, I was the same until I went here. Macro really slows you down, the creatures cant move that quickly so you can take your time and try different things, whereas a Dolphin/Shark can be gone in a matter of minutes!

Yes the Octopus was with a snoot, its not an easy thing to do. I normally set myself up on a blank bit of sand, moving it around until I get it into the focus zone, I will then try not to move it or the focus. I will then go and look for subjects and just move the camera until its in focus, I then know the snoot will light it. It can be very frustrating, Ive almost left the snoot on the land as its so frustrating, but worth it if you can get it to work. One way to use it is to get your buddy to hold it for you, they then just need to aim it at the subject :)

Thanks for the tips Lee, I might give it a go

Mike

Back