Lensbaby photos

Do it lol :)

Not too much in comparison to some lens :)

I'd definitely recommend the edge 80 though. More like a normal lens, but you'd need a composer, composer pro or one of the other fits to sit it in. I got the composer, which came with a 50mm lens, and manual apertures... ie you manually put them in (magnets in the lens), which you can change or even make your own (kits available) to change the bokeh shape...

Personally, creative as they are, they are a bit fiddley to change often.

Nearby Buildings
by KatiaUK, on Flickr

Notre Dame, End of the building
by KatiaUK, on Flickr

Plus the 80mm if not tilted very much is a very sharp 80mm lens... Lovely :)
There is a lensbaby fb page, and they respond to questions on there fairly quickly.

Great to see these Lensbaby shots, I was directed here, having started a Lensbaby Spark thread ( having just got one for Xmas).
I'd not come across this as was searching to see if a Spark thread already existed. sadly my budget wont stretch to one of the top end Lensbaby lenses ( yet!)

I'll probably post more in here as I improve, in the meantime, if interested, there are a couple in my original thread, as well as a link to flickr album of my early attempts :)

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/lensbaby-spark.613491/

Hi Vince,
I had a look at the whole lensbaby range, originally as I was interested in tilt-shift photos, I'd have loved to get a composer or pro, but alas £s are a factor. The Spark can be found for £50, whereas the others are 4-6 times that price ! With this, as much else in life, you get what you pay for :D

That said, it is a fun lens, very different in terms of the effects you can achieve, as well as in its method of operation, I'd not recommend it for a serious / prof togger, however for a hapless amateur like myself, I think it was a good buy :). A photographer friend refers to is as my "toy lens", which is a little harsh, but not a million miles away from the truth :ROFLMAO:

In short, I like it, and will persevere with it, I've a couple of holidays coming up, which will provide different scenes and people to use it with.

Back