Let Amazon unlock your car

So car thieves will now be able to watch out for Amazon deliveries jam the locking signal and make off with your car and whatever you just bought.
It is a great idea in a perfect world, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

So car thieves will now be able to watch out for Amazon deliveries jam the locking signal and make off with your car and whatever you just bought.
It is a great idea in a perfect world, unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world.

Can the signal be blocked when locking the car from a phone or just from a key fob?

Also, how likely is it that insurance would pay out if your car is broken into at some point after the delivery because a lazy delivery person just slung a package on the back seat?

Im pretty sure the wording of my policy says something along the lines of "any valuables left in the car should be out of sight, ie in the boot of glove box"

Can the signal be blocked when locking the car from a phone or just from a key fob?
Don't know to be honest. Car thieves seem to find their way around most things. What makes it worse is the gadgets are readily available to buy from the internet and one of those places, ironically, is Amazon.

oh I dunno you seem to think you do.
at least its perfect for you and that is what this tech is all about.

it will be perfect for some and not others.

see what I did there?

Don't know to be honest. Car thieves seem to find their way around most things. What makes it worse is the gadgets are readily available to buy from the internet and one of those places, ironically, is Amazon.

Indeed although my thinking was that they would need to know when the car was being locked in order to jam it and it could be locked via a phone from anywhere in the world.

oh I dunno you seem to think you do.
at least its perfect for you and that is what this tech is all about.

it will be perfect for some and not others.

see what I did there?
It's hardly new tech. It is just making use of car locking systems that have been around for years.
It would make more sense just to have a large lockable box at home and they can lock your items in it for you.

Bad idea. Very very bad idea. So we have had some naughty delivery drivers essentially not delivering the goods for a long time now. For a change they could now raid the cars for goodies with the new scheme.

this is before you even consider that they may be making themselves a spare set of keys. In many cars all you need is access to OBDII port and 30s with a cheap $50 chi-com gadget. Many new VWs went back to good old mechanical key you have to turn for a reason and I will be sure sticking with that.

Bad idea. Very very bad idea. So we have had some naughty delivery drivers essentially not delivering the goods for a long time now. For a change they could now raid the cars for goodies with the new scheme.

this is before you even consider that they may be making themselves a spare set of keys. In many cars all you need is access to OBDII port and 30s with a cheap $50 chi-com gadget. Many new VWs went back to good old mechanical key you have to turn for a reason and I will be sure sticking with that.
All you have to do is deny them access to the obd. There are loads of ways of doing it. I have taken several undisclosed measures to keep my obd access safe.

Back