Let's see some sunrise and sunset shots

The framing looks good to me, Dave. All the significant leading lines lead to the tree and the lightest part of the horizon. You've got great colours and a solid-looking tree silhouette. An excellent shot, IMO.

Thank you for the positive comment.. my concern was for the position of the ground that the rightmost trees sit on. As it is, it is close to the horizon, I thought that if I did it again (and I will try), this ground should be either breaking the horizon or a clear margin below it.
Glad you liked it.
My recent attempts at this location (over several years) has not given the tide at the right point to coincide with a good sunset, but have given other opportunities and has helped rekindle my interest in photography.

Hemsedal in Norway a few years ago.

That particular lens was quite bad for Chromatic Aberation so there's a fair halo on the mountains, but the colours are pretty true to life.

IMG_1917 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Holy Island, Northumberland.

Hadn't planned on this, but we stayed on the island between tides and suddenly the sky became this amazing colour. Pink in front of me, so I grabbed the camera to get some shots of that, and it was only when I turned around that I noticed it looked like the sky was on fire behind me.

IMG_2278-2 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_2298-HDR by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

IMG_2319 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

View from our bedroom window.

IMG_5665 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

I think this is Portugal, but it might be Spain.

Loved the graphic nature of this.

IMG_7906 by Kell Lunam-Cowan, on Flickr

Went out this morning to try to get Mount Wilson (near Las Vegas) with a rare covering of snow - unfortunately it never popped out of the clouds well enough to get a decent photo, but made up for with a fairly dramatic sun on the right / snow cloud on the left scenario over the Spring Mountains.

20191129-Not_Mount_Wilson (9 of 11).jpg

Winter is coming!
Panasonic G9 hi-res mode, PanLeica 12-60 at 60mm, f6.3 1/15, NiSi CPL and GND8.

The ice sculpture shot is lovely... My eye was immediately drawn to the red object to the centre left. It doesn't seem to be an integral part of the composition, I'd be tempted to try it with that removed.

This morning

Golden Dawn by Stan, on Flickr

Hi Roger,
This is absolutely stunning and my kinda shot. 10/10 from me. The long exposure gives a little bit of movement in the water, the groyne leads your eye to the left with the stunning horizon as the backdrop.

It's been a while since I've posted in this thread.
1, Taken from the Gorge du Verdon. (sunset)
2, Pre-Alps (France) (sunset)
3 & 4 South East of France (sunrise)
4 is my fave :) IMG_20200101_191751_830.jpeg2019-11-18_06-59-53.jpegFB_IMG_1570901512323.jpegIMG_20191012_150705.jpeg

Last edited:
Back