Let's see your amusing sign shots

Found a couple more:

Heavy
This bag was quite small.

Kate Boarding
Anyone found boarding Kate will face a fine... time.

To Heavy, it should read "TOO HEAVY" ???? Bl**dy Council's for you!

Les :D:D

Gay card section in "Card Warehouse", Llandudno

5465392547_74ba73e437_z.jpg

To Heavy, it should read "TOO HEAVY" ???? Bl**dy Council's for you!

They Have Unnecessary Capitalisation On Each Word Too:LOL:

Both true but for me it looked like two separate messages on one label:

1. This bin bag has not been collected because it is.

2. To Heavy: Please separate into 2 bags...

But then I have a strange sense of humour.

#1 is an existentialist statement on the bag's state of being I suppose. How do the Council know they have the right to comment on behalf of the bag though? Probably contradicting their own health and well-being policy guidelines by imposing a state of self awareness on the bag's behalf.

No wonder I can't sleep...

Not got a pic, but noticed, that some toilets in the Trafford centre have the following:

"This door opens towards you."

Under the sign It's also repeated in brail

So you can imagine some poor blind person just getting to the "towards you" bit when bang broken fingers.

To paraphrase: "Staff will immediately enter the toilet by pulling this cord to activate disabled alarm." I don't think that's what they meant to say...

Are they saying the alarm is disabled and by pulling the cord its sets off another alarm that will engage staff to enable the disabled disabled alarm? Maybe they have a disabled alarm disabled alarm or a enabled disabled alarm alarm?

OzNovDec2012083_zps8a4d6948.jpg

Because you never know when you may need your coordinates to call in a cruise missile strike! (y)

Not a dslr camera image, its from an iPhone 4. My friend broke down in this town once and had to call the AA and the girl on the phone near wet herself when she asked where we where.

Muff by tonyk79, on Flickr

Last edited:
davekiddle said:

I thought I recognised Bosham harbour...

Many, many years ago, I was being given a lift home by a friend from a 21st birthday party nearby.

Wee hours of the morning, pitch dark and patchy fog meant Katie was driving too fast to notice that the road suddenly ran out and the harbour began! Quite likely that exact spot.

Very fortunately for all of us, the tide was out :D

Last edited:
Back