Not far from the Yorkshire Burrito stall
0iKbnNv.jpg

It will have been turned to water by now
04zFE8d.jpg

Somehow I can't see it.
uY27EEm.jpg

Seen in Guildford today.
View attachment 140360

We walk past that every time we go to Guildford........not wanting to spoil the jokier interpretation ;)

It is as the name "says" a takeaway. In this case of the (I think now closed?) Thai restaurant called Sir & Madam.

Not that I know of, unlike the bridge itself. Thousands of photographers must have walked past that sign over the years. Incidentally, there is a cafe in the public records office on the ground floor of the big red building. This is open in working hours and the entrance is next to the flyover.

Not that I know of, unlike the bridge itself. Thousands of photographers must have walked past that sign over the years. Incidentally, there is a cafe in the public records office on the ground floor of the big red building. This is open in working hours and the entrance is next to the flyover.
Why is it amusing?

One way trip up the fire escape and over the balcony at the top.

I saw this thread a couple of days ago and went through the whole thread. :eek: :LOL:

It brought to mind a couple of pics of signs I have seen.

The first is a bit of a niche one. If you ever, (or if you have ever) visit(ed) Venice, you will be looking at the street signs a lot as you try and work out where you are, :LOL: and most of the time you either see a sign to the Rialto or San Marco, as they are the two biggest tourist traps, but I found a sign where it doesn't seem to matter which way you go, you will get to both.
Rialto and San Marco.jpg

Now the other one is also Venice, but I'm not sure what they are trying to say, :thinking: "ladies beware of men looking over the wall when you are in the toilet", :( or "chaps can look over a wall at the ladies in the toilet here". :oops: :$ o_O :LOL: If it is such a problem that they have gone to the trouble of putting a huge slightly cryptic sign in a glass door, then why not just design your toilet so it is not a problem like everyone else. :rolleyes:
I'm Not Sure.jpg

1547169999731-jpeg.234813

Last edited:
Now the other one is also Venice, but I'm not sure what they are trying to say, :thinking: "ladies beware of men looking over the wall when you are in the toilet", :( or "chaps can look over a wall at the ladies in the toilet here". :oops: :$ o_O :LOL: If it is such a problem that they have gone to the trouble of putting a huge slightly cryptic sign in a glass door, then why not just design your toilet so it is not a problem like everyone else. :rolleyes:
View attachment 234822

1547169999731-jpeg.234813

Now you know what makes a venetian blind. ;)

Or just put a load of tables and chairs in front of the door so no one can use it anyway.

Back