B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Just a simple candid street style shot taken at New York USA of a newspaper seller who stands right opposite the main entrance to Grand Central Stn.

"I'm guessin' someone might think that the shot would look better had he been looking towards the camera, I agree but that was not an option in this case as the guy is unfortunately blind"

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/90th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
New York News-03149 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Reactions: PTJ
I like the newspaper seller very much indeed. There is a good range of tones, the figure well placed and there is a pleasing 3D effect. I think the image would be improved if the sloping verticals on the left hand side were straightened.

I like the newspaper seller very much indeed. There is a good range of tones, the figure well placed and there is a pleasing 3D effect. I think the image would be improved if the sloping verticals on the left hand side were straightened.

Thank you kindly Sir, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"Unless I've missed them I'm sure It would be nice at some point to perhaps see some of your work"

George.

Last edited:
[I said:
"Unless I've missed them I'm sure It would be nice at some point to perhaps see some of your work"[/I]

George.
I am somewhat handicapped and am not able to use a camera these days so you haven't really missed anything of significance. Perhaps I should try to dig out some of my old stuff.

A few of my personal favourite B&W's so far :)

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 67.jpg
    67.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 107.jpg
    107.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 19
  • 129.jpg
    129.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 19
Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a couple sitting on a Harbour wall bench looking out to sea.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/1250th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
I See No Ships (M)-03140M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

The keep at Kenilworth Castle...

P30-0034 by Chris R, on Flickr

Shot on the brand new (still ALPHA) FilmFerrania P30 black and white film, using a Pentax MX, Pentax-M 50mm lens.

I like the delicacy of this image, Paul, but it seems to lack a focal point.

I like the delicacy of this image, Paul, but it seems to lack a focal point.

Thanks Norman
It wasn`t easy to position myself to get any real point, and ran out of bathroom space. As it was I stood in the shower to take it.;)

So are you telling me, Geof, that the green leaves were the equivalent of sepia toning because, if so, please tell me how you did it?

its the section in silver efex pro...the section on toning...you can add tones of various hues and in various presets with a lot of control over the silver hue and paper hue toning and balance.
you should try it...its one way to be creative with a mono software suite..
what do you use for mono conversions?...
more appropriately i think it may help you considerably if i withdraw my objectionable tonal mono and ask your forgiveness
its better that way...and you can be satisfied that your point is welcome and has given me some extra instruction under the CC category
no hard feelings i hope

cheers
geofLT info.JPG

Baz - a nice image except for what I take to be halos. Have you been a bit OTT with the PP?

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a young man with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing. And very good he was too.

I deliberately "Did Not" want to show his full face, hence this angle for the shot.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/220th @ F4.8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (18)-03112 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

I have bee testing a British 'Ensign Selfix 16/20 Model 1' camera with the 75mm f4.5 'ENSAR' lens and 02/2007 outdated Ilford XP2 Super 400 ASA which I processed myself. I had a Selfix 16/20 model II with 75mm f3.5 Ross Xpres lens in 1954 and took it to Germnay when I was in Berlin in the British Army there in 1957 -- so i am going back to Berlin soon and will re-take my 1957 photo subjects with the Selfix Model 1 .
I show a couple of my Test Results using the 1/300th second at f14 -- I metered with Weston Master V and used 1/200th sec as I reckon teh Epsilon shutter is not an accurate 1/300th
I show a couple of my 1957 BERLIN photos -- I hope the bullet holes have been mended by now ---
Selfix Test 03.jpg Selfix Test 04.jpg Reichstag in 1956.jpg Brandenburg Gate 1956.jpg

curry333 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

spawn madras..my speciality..and quite canni-ballistic
potatoes are a modification but pilau maggots are available as an extra

It must be the spices but the whites seem a bit blown. Maggots look to be an interesting addition and I think fried locusts would go quite nicely.

It must be the spices but the whites seem a bit blown. Maggots look to be an interesting addition and I think fried locusts would go quite nicely.
join me in the dark, grasshopper..:D
cheers
geof

Just thought this young lady was worth a shot while I was out & about. This is quite a considerable crop, so not the best quality as I was at the 18mm end of the lens and didn't have time to zoom in before other folk got in the way.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Pretty Lady (1)-03051 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y)

George.

Back