B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Thanks Terry

Cheap, Chinese 100 iso film that sings when pushed 1 stop.

Sadly no longer available but Fomapan seems to be similar

No longer available.

George.

Last edited:
Yes I like that George - we recently stayed in Mermaid Street for a very enjoyable break. Rye is a lovely town

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated.(y)

George.

George, I like the image except that I think the sky is too dark and ominous for what appears to be a sunny scene and there is what appears to be a strong halo down the side of the dark building on the right.

My twins at Sidmouth.

PA150692 by Gary Cann, on Flickr

My first attempt at monochrome/black & white, not sure what the difference is?

Last edited:
Woo hoo now working again.

Just getting into photography after having a few digital cameras over the years including a couple of pockets and a Panasonic Bridge. I will mainly be taking photos of the kids and them playing their sports, but would also like to take some good photos of them for putting on the walls at home.

The first pic was taken with my new to me 7D, which is taking some learning. The second was taken with my phone.

Tunnel of Trees by Grayham79, on Flickr

Choosing an Icecream by Grayham79, on Flickr

Last edited:
No longer available.

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken on a bus of a very common sight these days of someone totally engrossed in their cell phone texting.

X-T1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/40th @ F5.6, ISO-400, Handheld.
Faceless (6)-03073 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Just a simple candid street style Snapograph taken of an elderly lady who looked as if she was enjoying her hot dog.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/480th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Just The Job (3)-03065 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Very nice set Sir, with some good expressions, and nice out of focus backgrounds.(y)

"Purely a personal thing but I think #2 could do with a little more tone in the lady's face particularly her forehead"

George.

Thanks George, good point on Rachel's portrait, it is bordering on being a little 'hot' on her forehead. (y)

Back