B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

This place is just an ordinary pedestrian bridge over a busy city road. But in the middle are cameras and floodlights aimed each way capturing everyone that crosses. No attempt at discrete security here. 'Here' is China, where citizens have demerit points awarded for any anti-social behaviour. This has already resulted for instance, in thousands being refused train tickets for Beijing from Shanghai, as their 'ranking' is unacceptable. Cameras are everywhere. Big Brother in actuality. Behave or be denied social privileges is the message. Their facial recognition software is very advanced. One citizen was spotted in a football crowd for some misdeed and arrested. In the UK we have the same ability and probably use it but discreetly. No such niceties in China!

Surveillance Society by https://www.flickr.com/photos/1k2/

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Gear Wheel that was probably part of a winch mechanism used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach.
This is just one of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/180th @ F8, ISO-200, Tripod

Gear Wheel (1) (Dungeness)-03282
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of an old Gear Wheel that was probably part of a winch mechanism used for hauling the boats or catch up the beach.
This is just one of the many things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind. I've deliberately gone for a higher contrast gritty look for this snap to emphasize the rust & decay etc.
I'm also working on a personal project called Things Left Behind and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/180th @ F8, ISO-200, Tripod

Gear Wheel (1) (Dungeness)-03282
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y)

George.

your composition is the key here George...like it!!

your composition is the key here George...like it!!

Thank you fellow snapper, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Giving my 1975 era Asahi Pentax KX an outing - I loaded it with 2001 dated Jessops Pan 100 I was given by a Camera Club member and processed it in Rodinal 1+50 I was lucky to catch the lighting effect on this memorial to a WW1 soldier in the Beckett Chapel RuinSoldier KX.jpgs, Brentwood High Street. I used a Vivitar MC 7-300mm f4.2-5.8 Zoom lens I was given with a rusty Pentax P30 which I renovated.

A view up river from The foot bridge on Highley Railway station, £7 (eBay) kodak easy share c913 in camera black and white.
h.jpg

Just a simple Snapograph taken at Dungeness Kent UK of part of the desolate landscape and some of the things scattered about the beach that have just been left behind.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/800th @ F8, ISO-200, Tripod.

Dungeness Landscape (3)-03271
by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y)

George.

Should have used the bridge ! £7 Kodak point and shoot , In camera black and white Trimpley woods.Taken whilst out with the pack on one of Arleys circular walks.

trim.jpg

Last edited:
Back