B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

16799079246_cde183788a_b.jpg

16705335290_4d8c5735e3_b.jpg

Love the office one from AshTennisGuru- the mono conversion works well and theres lots to look around.

A shot of the Strathaven war memorial monument, with the stairs leading up to it. Unfortunately the stairs lead 'away' from the monument in this composition (it would probably be stronger if the stairs acted as a leading line from right to left and drew the eye to the monument), but there's something about it I quite like. I went for quite a high contrast and clarity effect, to try and bring out more detail on the monument itself.

If you can spare a moment to take a look at my images and let me know how I can improve I'd really appreciate the feedback! Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I failed to understand the difference between posting an image url which links to the same site the url in question would have. My sincerest apologies. Here are examples of my B&W images:

Last edited:
I guess I failed to understand the difference between posting an image url which links to the same site the url in question would have. My sincerest apologies. Here are examples of my B&W images:

David, not a style of work that I know much about, and all very dark and low key. I didn't think the coloured frog eyes worked for me, nor the detached hand in the first of the figure shots, but I did really like the horse.

Love this thread I feel inspired every time I view the images, I have a family wedding coming up and have been press ganged into taking the photos. Having looked at my line up of lenses I decided to add the lord of the rings to my collection the Canon 135 F2l Here's my very first photo with this lens on my 5D MK11. I didn't realise until I up loaded into Photoshop the pictures that I shot in JPEG, normally I shoot only in RAW so happy with this first attempt.

View attachment 33964

Last edited:
Love this thread I feel inspired every time I view the images, I have a family wedding and have been press ganged into taking the photos. Having looked at my line of lenses I decided to add the lord of the rings to my collection Canon 135 F2l Here's my very first photo with this lens on my 5D MK1. I didn't realise until I up loaded into Photoshop the pictures that I shot in JPEG, normally I shoot only in RAW so happy with this first attempt.

View attachment 33964

very nice indeed that one.

Very nice mr perceptive

Back