B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Serious...

19059397869_29e673249c_z.jpg

Not so serious...

19249340231_d88d1cf821_z.jpg

In fact ,I think the white and black picture bring people a unhappy feeling .I like colorful word .

In fact ,I think the white and black picture bring people a unhappy feeling .I like colorful word .

Black and White can show areas of life as it once was, colour is not always a sign of good or happiness. especially when it comes to Blood.
Some great captures here, inspires me, and always popping back.

Converting to black and white is what you do when the colour version doesn't look any good and HDR couldn't save it either. :-O

Converting to black and white is what you do when the colour version doesn't look any good and HDR couldn't save it either. :-O
oh dear. guess then any shots taken with a Leica M9 Monochrom are rubbish too then?
dont think ive heard such tripe in all my time on here

so lets see.. NOT HDR, Shot specifically with a MONO conversion in time,
featured as main image in a double page spread in AP magazine, sold 37 times ( including another sale yesterday ).,
yes Black and white is rubbish isnt it!

8416082079_5935fffca8_b.jpg

Last edited:
You don't convert M9 pictures to black and white, so they aren't included in my sweeping statement.

Besides, I didn't say black and white pictures are rubbish. Calm down.

But if it irritated you then I've hit a nerve. Yes!

Last edited:
You don't convert M9 pictures to black and white, so they aren't included in my sweeping statement. Besides, I didn't say black and white pictures are rubbish.

But if it irritated you then I've hit a nerve.
no didnt irritate me, in fact the opposite , find it highly amusing that someone who is on a photography forum so one would assume is or proclaims to be a photographer dismisses black and white so off handedly , clealry hasnt leanred much about light and dark in photography and has a very long way to go.

I'm so glad I put a smiley in that post. As often I don't when I'm not being serious. Please read it before you post those things you said about me. But I'm not going to respond in kind. Lets get back to the photography.

Last edited:
sorry didnt see any smiley only some weird characters after your post. and i never left photography to get back to it.
just find it amusing someone slates black and white as an excuse for poor photos yet has a black and white profile pic and around 50 black and white images in there own flickr page.
i guess if the cap fits...

I still never slated black and white pictures. Even in jest. If anything, the colour ones.

Last edited:
Back