B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

This guy's blind (hence not looking at the camera) and has been selling news sheet on the corner of the Park Ave Slip/East 42nd St, right opposite Grand Central since he was a kid. He's a real amazing guy as all of his regulars he recognizes their voice when they say hi and remembers just what news they have.

I know the guy in the background is a bit distracting but Hey! it's all part of the scene (well that's my excuse).:)

New York Paper Seller-0032 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.,(y)

George.

Last edited:
Thanks Dan, I sat for a fair while that day to find someone walking at the right pace for the blurred body. 1/5second handheld.

One whilst sat in a nice bar in Tunisia.

19678916769_30dcd55b30_b_d.jpg

That's a nice shot Andrea, with a good B&W conversion giving a nice full range of tones.(y)

George.

First Post on TalkPhotography- exciting times...

Here are four from my Wildlife collection. What do you think about them? I like muted backgrounds for isolation of subject and good tonal range for BnW conversions normally - it makes for very simple, powerful pictures.

H.
View attachment 42320

Hugo, I wasn't sure about the first 3, but really like the flamingos!

That'll be called The Mattress or something. They seem to give a nickname to all the sky scrapers in London.

Last edited:

Oh my!

Great eyes, a little heart-breaker there. If you never take another good picture,
this one will always be something to crow about. If I could ever take a picture
this good, I might just rest on my laurels.

You sir, are the bomb!

Last edited:
Two abstracts from my stint in the Big Apple. Hopefully you guys like them!

Metropolitan Museum of Art, Upper East Side, New York
View attachment 42412

The High Line, Chelsea, New York
View attachment 42413

Oh my!

Great eyes, a little heart-breaker there. If you never take another good picture,
this one will always be something to crow about. If I could ever take a picture
this good, I might just rest on my laurels.

You sir, are the bomb!

Thankyou Sir, Kind words and Much Appreciated :)

Couple of nice images Jon @Jon.P.73 , not overly keen on the flare etc in the first shot but like the overall image. Second shot would be my preference with well controlled lighting, good composition and a very good bit of B&W PP work.(y)

George.

Thank you @G.K.Jnr. very kind :) I know what you mean and the flare in the first shot was not intentional but I quite like the atmosphere it gave / gives

These are all from about 18 months ago but still some of my favorites - great dappled light and contrast in the Forrest in early January :D

Another from the day

Walking the Dog 2 by Jon Parry, on Flickr

Thanks again George

Jon

Couple of nice images Jon @Jon.P.73 , not overly keen on the flare etc in the first shot but like the overall image. Second shot would be my preference with well controlled lighting, good composition and a very good bit of B&W PP work.(y)

While I agree the second shot is better, I too like the dreamy effect of the first one! @Jon.P.73

Back