B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Yes taken with my newly acquired X-E1 IR 830nm with XF14mm lens

Did you buy it converted or get the conversion done to an existing body you had? Thinking about getting an X-M1 converted but not sure if I want to spend more than the body is worth to get it done.

Did you buy it converted or get the conversion done to an existing body you had? Thinking about getting an X-M1 converted but not sure if I want to spend more than the body is worth to get it done.

I bought it s/h ready converted. The conversion was done by Protech http://www.protechrepairs.co.uk/infrared_conversion.html

ACS also do it as well in the UK. http://www.advancedcameraservices.co.uk/index.html

I'd been after a Fuji conversion for some time and was debating whether to get my X-E1 converted, then this one popped up on ebay last week (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141724239031?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT), at a price of not much more than the conversion, so I jumped at it, and quickly sold on my existing Nikon J1 IR Conversion.

There are other Fuji Conversions available on eBay, but they are all from the USA, and subject to VAT + handling charges, also their pedigree (ie professional conversion) is open to question.

I have only used it in anger on Saturday at Salford Quays with minnnt but so far I've been really pleased. Given that I was offered £50 trade in for my X-E1 against an X-T10 last week by a well known north west chain of photographic shops, I would take the view that an X-E1, X-M1, X-A1 body is virtually worthless, so you'll just be paying the cost of the conversion for a nice 'new' camera. A 'proper' IR camera is a lot better than using an R72 filter as it can be used handheld, though I was pleased to find out that my Hoya ProND1000 10 stopper did not block IR!!!!

View attachment 42633
wsQPTL

Last edited:
I was at Loch Chon a couple of years back, chose to go west this year through Arrochar..

Beautiful parts of Scotland..

There are some really great places along the Arrochar road. There is a lot to explore.

Oh my!

Great eyes, a little heart-breaker there. If you never take another good picture,
this one will always be something to crow about. If I could ever take a picture
this good, I might just rest on my laurels.

You sir, are the bomb!
Pity we can't see it anymore!!

Just a couple of shots of the local constabulary going about their business. "Just out of interest I did get permission to take & use these shots".:)

Fuji X-T1 with 55-200mm on board.

On Duty-1084 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

I Guess You Want Me To Move-0344 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking and any comments welcome.(y)

George.

Very nice George, I like them a lot. Are they possibly a touch over-sharpened? What looks like halos round various bits of trouser...

Very nice George, I like them a lot. Are they possibly a touch over-sharpened? What looks like halos round various bits of trouser...

Thanks for that Chris, much appreciate your comments.(y)

Re sharpening :- It's possible they may appear over sharpened although to be honest I don't apply much sharpening to any of my my shots. It may be something to do with compression when posting or possibly something to do with the Contre-jour lighting around the trousers in the second shot. I'll look into it but thanks for commenting though.

George.

What a great thread this is, some great images here so going to add one of my own!!

Bit of an old one from my days of cycling around darkest Norfolk looking for interesting old churches to photograph! The picture was taken on my mothers old Kodak point and shoot, resolution was a little limited at being only 4mps but a nice reminder of a summers day bike ride!!

Matt

View attachment 43212

That's a very nice image Andrea, with good use of aperture/DOF, some good detail and a very good B&W conversion.(y)

George.

That's a very nice image Andrea, with good use of aperture/DOF, some good detail and a very good B&W conversion.(y)

George.

Thanks, George :) It's a central vertical crop of about one third of the original image. The upright crop suited the subject better, and the B&W conversion seems to bring out the details.

Back