B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

One from the workhouse.
The Workhouse Cellar Corridorforum.jpg

A monochrome image of a late nineteenth century Workhouse cellar corridor. Even with the later addition of electric lighting, the corridor remains an unwelcoming place. With a disturbing feeling of the poor souls that once wandered along cold flagstones.

One from the workhouse.
View attachment 47465

A monochrome image of a late nineteenth century Workhouse cellar corridor. Even with the later addition of electric lighting, the corridor remains an unwelcoming place. With a disturbing feeling of the poor souls that once wandered along cold flagstones.
Nice atmosphere

Last edited:
Andy, not sure if it's because of seeing the b&w image first, but tmm it works much better than the colour one on your site. Absolutely lovely, as are many of the other b&w images, specially the foggy ones!

That's nice Mick @MickG , good B&W atmospheric shot with well retained exposure in shadows & highlights(y)

George.

Andy, not sure if it's because of seeing the b&w image first, but tmm it works much better than the colour one on your site. Absolutely lovely, as are many of the other b&w images, specially the foggy ones!

Hi Chris, thanks very much for that. If you have the time, can you take a look at this post too? I've just added a re-edited colour version (middle image), how does that compare?
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/old-wooden-boat-on-the-banks-of-the-foggy-dordogne.603918/

One from a wedding at the weekend. Everything's wrong with it as i had relaxed and was chilling but grabbed a quick shot.

Im Off.jpg

One from the workhouse.
View attachment 47465

That's a great photograph. Gives a real sense of the times

One of my boy, Noah.

21941448518_61a782cbb4_b.jpg

There's some wonderful Photographs here, I can't compete with the quality, but I would like to contribute to the thread with a recent image of a Royal Marine landing party heading for the beach in Cornwall, with HMS Ocean in the background.

Invasion Imminent by Chris, on Flickr

I was relieved that it was just an exercise!

Chris

There's some wonderful Photographs here, I can't compete with the quality, but I would like to contribute to the thread with a recent image of a Royal Marine landing party heading for the beach in Cornwall, with HMS Ocean in the background.

Invasion Imminent by Chris, on Flickr

I was relieved that it was just an exercise!

Chris

Chris increasing the contrast on that would really improve it a lot it lacks highlights on the sea or any blacks either.

Edit
I was able to download this as a full size file from your Flickr so I suggest changing your setting and I hope you dont mind but here is the sort of thing I meant posted larger too. It is just a quick edit that could be done better

Not my shot 12 2015- by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back