B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Delville Wood, Somme

DSC_8409_1024.jpg

DSC_8410_1024_1.jpg

DSC_8426_1024.jpg

DSC_8419_1024.jpg

I love the grain in that. Did you add it in PP?

It's straight from the camera but I have cropped it. There was a drain cover and a beware cone on the right :D
It was taken with a Canon G7X which has a preset Nostalgic mode. There's 5 setting on it. You use it by turning the ring on the front. 1 weakest, 5 max. I had turned this to 5.

Interesting Jon. What is the story?

Well there's this boy who lives with his auntie and uncle .... :p

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

We recently (last weekend) went to Harry Potter World (The Studio Tour just outside Watford) as a belated birthday present for my eldest Daughter.

As someone who hasn't read any of the books and had probably seen most of most of the films as the wife or daughters have been watching them I found it really interesting,

Aside from being some of the original sets and props the whole story and sheer amount of really talented people involved is staggering.

I shoved the RX100 in my pocket intending to get a few snaps but will definitely take my DSLR and a few lenses if / when we go back

Cheers :)

More Film Noir.

23015408886_e2642b6edf_b.jpg

I set up a flash in a dark car park this evening. It's a self portrait so I triggered the camera with the Android app. It's very tough in the darkness sorting out settings and nearly 20 pieces of equipment to keep track of. I made lots of mistakes, but it finally it came together.

But there are lots of dark corners and strange noises in a car park at night. Several times I jumped, span round or froze.

Last edited:
Back