B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

One from my recent trip along the Monmouth-Brecon Canal:-

Monmouth_Brecon_BampW_Sepia_zpsysfnjwbd.jpg

Cheers

nit pick of the week...clone out the number plate

o_O
I quite like the bridge number - however, I feel my biggest mistake was to focus on the bridge and not get enough depth of field to include the caution sign. There's always something that I overlook but hey ho, that's me

nit pick of the week...clone out the number plate

o_O
The 114 tells us a lot actually. Someone clever (or bridge nerdy) might be able say where that is. But 114 tells me that the bridge is real. And not CGI. If it had been 113 then it was built by Pixar.

Look up A113.

Last edited:
The 114 tells us a lot actually. Someone clever (or bridge nerdy) might be able say where that is. But 114 tells me that the bridge is real. And not CGI. If it had been 113 then it was built by Pixar.

Look up A113.

Brilliant!!
I stand corrected
Even as I am seated
Cheers
GEOF

Look up A113.

I can do Bridge 113 if you like......

Bridge%20113_zps55fdqqcj.jpg

.........but I feel that I might have missed the point :-(

Look up A113.

If it were bridge 1138, I'd suspect it were the creation of George Lucas [emoji57]

Oh, 114 is at Llangattock near Crickhowell (Google to the rescue even if I did live not far up the road at Hay for a few years)

St Mary's in the grounds of Porchester Castle

Porchester_zpsr3kdenfr.jpg

The building is Norman - built around 1120 and has a commanding view over Portsmouth Harbour - shame the weather wasn't better

Reactions: PTJ
St Mary's in the grounds of Porchester Castle

Porchester_zpsr3kdenfr.jpg

The building is Norman - built around 1120 and has a commanding view over Portsmouth Harbour - shame the weather wasn't better
Some more contrast?
Is all level?

Cheers
Geof

Some more contrast?
Is all level?

Cheers
Geof

Yes I did check the level and it was OK - I think the wall makes it look slanting because some parts of it are nearer than others - but the roof is level. As for contrast, well I did try but it blacked in the shadows too much - I wasn't that keen on the image so I suppose I didn't try too much with it:)

Yes I did check the level and it was OK - I think the wall makes it look slanting because some parts of it are nearer than others - but the roof is level. As for contrast, well I did try but it blacked in the shadows too much - I wasn't that keen on the image so I suppose I didn't try too much with it:)

I am on my iPad just now..do you mind if I try an edit
Will use my steam laptop later
Cheers
Geof

Correct! You looked at the flickr Exif didn't you :p

Ha Ha - the reason why I looked on Flickr was for confirmation really - the fact that it is UWA is obvious and I know you have Fuji equipment. That lens renders a cloudy sky superbly

V11 copy by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

always a chance of plagiarising my colour entries

?? is self plagiarising a real term..its mine to start with

Reactions: PTJ
Great set of shots Sir, love the expression on the guy in #3, and the spot on comp' in #1, plus really nice mono PP work giving a good full range of punchy tones.(y)

George.

Thanks George; always appreciated (y)

Hi folks,just trying a few shots to see what happens......Jphn.''..Corncrake ''. the shot of the arched walk way was taken somewhere around lake garda italy ...the river is the shannon at ballina...taken on a canon f1 35 mm film...

Last edited:
Hi folks,just trying a few shots to see what happens......Jphn.''..Corncrake ''. the shot of the arched walk way was taken somewhere around lake garda italy ...the river is the shannon at ballina...taken on a canon f1 35 mm film...

Corncake,

Here are some tips on posting your photo (have been given to me when I joined)
1, Click on the upload tab/button right hand side of the thread box, locate your photo on your PC and load, once there click on "FULL IMAGE" et Voila
or
2, If you have a flickr account, go to your preferred photo, click on the "Share photo" button also right hand side and get the "BB" code, copy and paste it direct into the thread box here et Voila.

Some good stuff being posted in here lately guys and I'm really enjoying adding something to my shots by editing in B&W. I just think it adds something to then that makes a boring colour shot so much more in mono.

Back from a break in Crieff, here's a few mono edits of shots taken whilst I was away.

Falls of Dochart
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Loch Earn

Mirror Man @ Loch Earn

Cheers

Ian

CNV00004.JPG this shot of ''bicycles''for the use of tourists in Belfast ''norn irlnd'' must be onof the last fully stocked rack ......the others apparently are at the bottom of the ''lagan''

Last edited by a moderator:
If i recall correctly this shot i of an oil rig leaving Belfast lough on its way to norway...

Back