B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

DSC_8426_1024_2.jpg~original

Delville Wood, Somme, November 2015

‘We in the ranks had never heard of tanks. We were told that there was some sort of secret weapon, and then we saw this thing go up the right-hand corner of Delville Wood. I saw this strange and cumbersome machine emerge from the shattered shrubbery and proceed slowly down the slope towards Flers.’

Lance Corporal Arnold Ridley, 6th Bn. Somerset Light Infantry, on September 15th 1916.

sheri by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

we sat in the jeep in the forests of central india and watched this female demand right of way
ranthambore

from the days of film

brentwood-04-jpg.73880

this could be nepal...Bhaktapur District Temple

worth going to see

the shot is a bit soft and could be processed digitally to give it some more definition
i am scanning my old snapshots to do a bit of b>w here...like the lady tiger above

keeps me going
cheers
geof

Last edited:
I've dismissed this thread for years as it had so many pages then the other night I opened it and I've been hooked ever since.

I love Black and White and used to love printing them in the darkroom at college, I wanted to process them for exhibitions when I grew up back then.

So...some of you will be getting 'likes' from pictures you posted years ago. I'm up to page 20 so far.

That's it!
All 74 pages viewed!
There is some awesome work in here. I'm inspired to shoot more Black and White

The big question is to shoot in B&W or to process to B&W from colour?

That's it!
All 74 pages viewed!
There is some awesome work in here. I'm inspired to shoot more Black and White

The big question is to shoot in B&W or to process to B&W from colour?

use colour then when you convert you can use filtration to boost ...red orange green etc
also if you use lightroom you can choose a black to white film which you didnt use but now can
and lastly
you may have a decent colour shot to boot!!!

FACT!

Having looked through this thread I just have to post some of mine.

This is from my old Fuji prosumer on a family trip to Maldon a few years agoBlock.jpg

Another from my old Fuji and from a few years ago. He's 13 now!!

On the beach.jpg

The above photos show good control of the contrasts --

Last edited:
Back