B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

What a lovely composition! Well spotted.

Thank you - I've been looking at this place on and off for the last couple of years, trying to find a way to get the lines and curves in a way that's pleasing. This doesn't feel 100% there, but it's getting closer.

Last edited:
f99dfa396208f4b008fc96235d52df8c.jpg

Helsinki harbour

Llangollen high street. I was waiting outside a charity shop with the dog whilst Mrs Badger was browsing, a van pulled away from outside the pub and just presented the shot to me.
BULL.JPG

Last edited:
The more I look at these really great B&W shots the more it makes me want to get my camera out and I cant say that about colour shots. Not sure if it's because they are B&W or because of the content, so maybe I should just snap a few and see if it floats my boat.

Question though, are these digital or film and scanned?

the system RPN seems more logical than 2+2=4 even though the answer is the same
i tried programming this only once
i liked the stack feature
did you use HP RPN models?
cheers
geof

the system RPN seems more logical than 2+2=4 even though the answer is the same
i tried programming this only once
i liked the stack feature
did you use HP RPN models?
cheers
geof
Yes I did, on a very reasonably priced low end model, 32E, no programme reading ability, remember those strips they could read? But I really liked Rpn (Reverse polish notation, for those that don't know), mid 70/80s calculating system, was brilliant.
The look of disbelief when people asked where the equals button was and trying to explain their wasn't one!
To calculate the above you typed/keyed in
Enter
+

And got the answer (4) but it's ability to calculate complex bracketed items was where it scored.
Sorry if off topic.

Last edited:
it's ability to calculate complex bracketed items was where it scored.
Sorry if off topic.

i agree...and there are a lot of them
i was given one as an example of how the HP to do those without writing down intermediate values...using store and recall

Last edited:
Back