Lets see your panoramas

This was above the loue near Besançon in Franche Comte France in 2008, I have some panos from 2002 or so but they were taken on an Olympus 1.3 MPixel and I can't believe that I actually printed them out and displayed them :) Time to take some new ones, thanks for the nudge!panoramic-1 forum.jpg

i tried this with my face as well but couldnt get anything to match...not very well anyway...
It's quite cool. I had "righty" and "lefty" printed one above the other. They looked like two completely different people. Neither particularly sane.

And yes - it's tricky to get tehm to marry up properly. Haven't tried it with new and improved skills, and you can see issues with the blend around the nose

Geof who did those tiles they hardly get close to lining up to the right of the corner:eek:

say mwah....:D

took the tiles back they were bent!!

that was a b**** of a job for me....wouldnt be a plumber
cheers
geof

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky to be doing a commission that went through the Beagle Channel (twice!) and it is full of simply awe inspiring and gob smackingly beautiful scenery.

Stunning mountain scenery and endless panoramas abound down there if you're lucky, and not that many do, get to be here. I have a ton of panoramas from my voyage.

This was taken one glorious morning handheld off of the small cruise I was on.

84846829_2738037739636620_6782512744961671168_o.jpg

I'm yet to do one I'm happy with, must try harder
I'm nowhere near 100% happy with the ones I posted, but I do think the first one at least is interesting. Made a big mistake with the Naples one, with regards to what I had to leave out, rather than what I ended up with. :rolleyes: If anyone is planning to go there and try to do something similar let me know. ;)

Just pop one or two up if you have them ;)

20 shots from my D750 combined to create a 25900 pixel x 3868 pixel final image. 62mm focal length, f/8, 1/800 at ISO 200 using my 24-120 f/4 mounted atop a Giottos Vitruvian CF travel tripod with a Manfrotto ball head. Hoping to talk a friend with a large format roll printer to print it at 300 DPI - there's enough detail to be worth it.

It's the Svinafell Glacier in Southern Iceland, a few miles West of the ice lagoon/beach.

GN1_0958 - GN1_0978.jpg

This is a 100% crop of a small section of the glacier just below the notch in the top of the foreground(^ about here!) arm of it. First file is SOOC, 2nd is tweaked gently (levels and sharpness.)

GN1_0971SOOC.jpgGN1_0971Tweaked.jpg

Last edited:
20 shots from my D750 combined to create a 25900 pixel x 3868 pixel final image. 62mm focal length, f/8, 1/800 at ISO 200 using my 24-120 f/4 mounted atop a Giottos Vitruvian CF travel tripod with a Manfrotto ball head. Hoping to talk a friend with a large format roll printer to print it at 300 DPI - there's enough detail to be worth it.

It's the Svinafell Glacier in Southern Iceland, a few miles West of the ice lagoon/beach.
Wow, thats an impressive pano (y)

I'm nowhere near 100% happy with the ones I posted, but I do think the first one at least is interesting. Made a big mistake with the Naples one, with regards to what I had to leave out, rather than what I ended up with. :rolleyes: If anyone is planning to go there and try to do something similar let me know. ;)

Just pop one or two up if you have them ;)

none have survived the culling sorry :)

Wow, thats an impressive pano (y)

Thank you. Beats the poop out of the in camera ones I've done elsewhere! I'll dig out some of them tomorrow. (They do look OK at 24" wide though - got a friend in a now defunct camera shop to print me a single 24" wide image that I had created from a few panos and dropped into a single big "image" rather than getting several separate ones done. Took all of 5 minutes with a metal rule and a sharp craft knife to split them and saved me about a tenner!) Just need to sweet talk my mate with the LF printer into doing the big print when he's full of cyan - I have a feeling the pic might use a fair bit of it...

I don't often shoot panos, but I'm looking to try them more often in the future.

This one was taken on Skye, looking out across the sound of Raasay. Stitched in affinity photo, couple of errors in it but didn't bother me enough to redo it.

Sound of Raasay by Iain Macleod, on Flickr

stunning image, I have one on film somewhere from over 30 years ago with almost as good light and from a very similar position. Yours is better though (he says grudgingly)

my guess this is a vertical stitched item...not too panorama but i like the wild wood effect...and i can see some branches doing a bit of separation
cheers
geof

Well spotted, but I don't think it detracts.
That's right, yes.

I don't worry about such things, just the overall appearance.
Which looks cool. Have to say I didn't notice it on first viewing and you have to look closely to spot it.

Forgive if if doesn't fit, being vertical, and forgive the exposure band in it, had to scan this negative in 2 parts, must rescan it. 6x17 Vermeer curved plane pinhole camera with an aperture of f300, shot on Fuji Acros 120 film

FB_IMG_1562396871197.jpg

Last edited:
This is one I took in NY a few years ago....It is heavily compressed as it is a 21MB file as a JPEG made up of about 7 different photos so it is no where near as sharp as it actually is at full size on here. A higher quality version is on my website.

Panorama-of-One-World-Trade-Centre-at-Sunrise.jpg

Last edited:
Another from Iceland - this one's from the other side of Hofn and has the Viking settlement set (can't remember which series/film it was built for) as well as 2 other members from here who were on the same trip in 2015. Several shots from the D750 again.

Nr Hofn.jpg

Thought I'd posted this one earlier but must have hit the wrong button!
The East side of the Quay in Exeter from the West side of the river. From memory, it was only a couple of shots in landscape format, hence the point in the middle.

Exeter Quay 010309.JPG

Back