Lets see your panoramas

Seeing all these amazing images has inspired me to get out and photograph, so here’s one from today 4 image pano of Beverley Pasture

I really like doing pano's. When the rain eventually stops I'm keen to do a multi-shot pano across the lake at Stourhead. Good pano's look great as a canvass on the wall.

Used to take a lot of "joiners" when I used film - used to pin them up to get them to line up reasonably well. Then I started using digital and did the same with prints. Then I discovered stitching software which made it possible to get them better than I could by hand. Then, along came in-camera stitching... Might be the easy option but some cameras are extremely good at it now!

Which reminds me!

A couple of our hotel/apartment views. The one across the bay is actually taken from just the other side of the road - the actual balcony view has power lines running across it (less obtrusive to the eye than the lens!)

Across the bay is looking East from Agia Gallini (South Crete) towards Timbaki and Matala; over the fields and buildings is looking North from Near Chania. (The buildings are now finished and the work wasn't going on during the season - it's the owners' house and a small block of 3 appartments.) Top one was software stitched, bottom was in-camera (X-T1).

balcony180opan wa.jpgDSCF1878.JPG

This one is of the Lassithi Plateau in Eastern Crete, taken from a couple of hundred metres from the Dictean Cave (where Zeus was either born or raised - opinion is divided!!!) Software stitched, probably 5 or 6 shots - it was done some years ago.

lasspan1.JPG

The only pano Ive ever taken and had printed. Isle of Skye 2 years ago when we went for a week in January for the wifes 50th. It's hanging on the living room wall as a 5ft canvas.

06 - The Cuillins, Skye by Donnie Canning, on Flickr

Not a Crete one!!!

This is an in-camera one from the top of the Haldon Belvedere near Exeter. Friends of ours got married there a few years ago and that meant that guests had access all areas, including the roof. Took lots (and lots!) of tries to get the symmetry I wanted right.

DSCF2110.jpg

This is (IIRC!) a 270° from the top of the Xiloscales (Wooden Stairs) that mark the top of the Samaria Gorge in Crete. Couldn't help asking Mrs Nod to run round behind me to be in the same shot twice! Done in camera (X-F1).
DSCF0454.JPG

This is (IIRC!) a 270° from the top of the Xiloscales (Wooden Stairs) that mark the top of the Samaria Gorge in Crete. Couldn't help asking Mrs Nod to run round behind me to be in the same shot twice! Done in camera (X-F1).
View attachment 271755
Haha thats cool (y)

Being a bit of a bazy lugger, any pans done in-camera are SOOC (helps that Fuji JPEGs are so good!) Software stitched ones don't have much done to them either - just a crop and a corner fill as necessary.

This is a vertical one from my XF1 (which still works!). A bit banded towards the top but I can live with that. It's of the lighthouse at the end of the harbour wall in Chania, Crete.

DSCF0492.JPG

Last edited:
Tried to shoot this view of Pen y Fan in the Brecon Beacon's, Wales over the Xmas/New Year holidays but it was just a complete drizzle, low cloud white out!! Tried again last weekend for my birthday trip & not only was it clear there was also snow on the tops!! :cool::cool:

A7 & FE85 (5 shot [handheld!] panorama)

by Lee, on Flickr

(Yet) another from Crete, this time from near the North Western corner. It's the plain behind Falassarna beach, taken from another Panorama taverna (IIRC.) In camera, XF-1. Needs straightening!

DSCF0725.JPG

From the NW corner to the South coast but still on Crete. One of our favourite haunts - from George's beach bar in Agios Georgios, near Agia Galini. The twin islands of Paximada are on the horizon and my coffee's good and cold!

DSCF0542.JPG

Another from a few years back, not been able to get out this week. Can't remember how many images stitched together but its usually 4 or 5

Lake District Pano by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

A couple of very similar pans taking in St Paul's rocks at Agios Pavlos in Southern Crete. Allegedly where St Paul landed while being transported to Rome as a prisoner.

DSCF0581.JPGDSCF0582.JPG

Running out of them now! This is one of the "streets" running from the harbour area up to the residential part of Agia Galini in Southern Crete. In camera with the XF-1.
DSCF0611.JPG

Well, it's a week since my last one so here's another. Once again, Crete. This time from the path along the bottom of the cliff between the main beach and the town of Agia Galini. To the left is the hill leading down to the beach, the centre is the cliffs to the East of the beach and in the distance are Timbaki, Matala and on the right hand edge, Paximada. In camera from the X-T1.

DSCF4184.JPG

Lucky bugger! I bet you can find nice routes between work and home too!!!

Well, it's a week since my last one so here's another. Once again, Crete. This time from the path along the bottom of the cliff between the main beach and the town of Agia Galini. To the left is the hill leading down to the beach, the centre is the cliffs to the East of the beach and in the distance are Timbaki, Matala and on the right hand edge, Paximada. In camera from the X-T1.

View attachment 273816
I was just about to look back through my images for a pano as its been a while. Will look later and try and post one but I'm likely running out.

Last edited:
I think I have one left from those that made the cut. Might have to trawl through and find some more but they'll probably be more Crete ones! Took LOTS of in camera ones when the facility first appeared in my compacts and haven't got around to reshooting with the bigger X bodies (that do do a much better job of constant exposure across the final image.) Got some done in PP as well so will have to revisit older folders.

Lucky bugger! I bet you can find nice routes between work and home too!!!

I am working from home mostly these days even before the virus restrictions. When I do get out it's normally 2 plus hours drive up to 8 hours with overnight but tbh I rarely have time for photography when away. I do live on the edge of Dartmoor though so any direction from my front door on foot will get me onto the moor but when I exercise usually it's a run or hard power walk so I don't stop to take photos. Normally on Sundays I go for a motorcycle ride but because of the current restrictions that's off so Mrs T and I go for an easy exercise walk up to the moors hence on those days I can get photos as well. Hand held only no tripods otherwise it's not in the spirit of exercise.

Here are a few of mine taken over the years

Looking at these with fresh eyes as they've been on Flickr for some years I see some new crops I think would make these work better

66mp 10 image pano by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Lower Neuadd Reservoir by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Lower Neuadd Reservoir by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Upper Neuadd Reservoir by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Barry Island Sunsets by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

Lovely images Gareth!

This is the last of mine until I have the long awaited trawl through old folders! It's Kournas Lake just South of Georgiopolis in Northern Crete. Sometimes the water covers all the foreground but the year this was shot (2013) must have been a dry one there since it was this low in late August. In camera with the X-20.

DSCF0110.JPG

Back