Lets see your panoramas

One from 2016 a 7 shot pano looking down on Otley from the Chevin you can almost see my previous house just below the hospital :)

Otley Panorama by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Last edited:
Decided to visit Beverley Common today for our dog walk. It’s around 8 miles from where I live, just a 10 minutes drive. Managed to get this Pano 5 shot handheld, didn’t think the tripod was appropriate in the current circumstances.

5 Image Pano over Beverley Common by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Plan was to take a few in 10 days or so but the current situation has put paid to THAT plan! Have to wait until September now, by which time (hopefully) the world situation will have become a bit safer. Just hope our friends, their businesses and/or workplaces have survived the virus - Crete wasn't badly hit in round 1, hopefully round 2 will be less bruising all round.

Full image is over 22k pixels wide.

Nearly as wide as the one in post #54 which is 25,900px wide at full res! Still trying to pluck up the courage to get it printed but at a touch over 7' wide (at 300 ppi), I'm not sure where to put it!

Nearly as wide as the one in post #54 which is 25,900px wide at full res! Still trying to pluck up the courage to get it printed but at a touch over 7' wide (at 300 ppi), I'm not sure where to put it!

We have a bare wall in the lounge that needs a BIG canvas, and I'd love it to be of somewhere local. I should have done another 11 frames underneath to give it more depth.

More practice required!

Had I thought about the potential for epic panoramas in Iceland, I'd have taken an X body as well as the D750 and taken some in-camera ones! Not overfond of spending too much time on PP and doing the stitching for the big bugger took ages on my old Win7 machine. The software I used did a good job though - hardly any registration tweaking needed.

Lightroom is pretty good at it. I make a couple of general adjustments like WB etc to the first, then sync all the others to it. It's then just a case of using the Photo Merge and letting it doe it's job..

More form Dartmoor...

View attachment 286178

View attachment 286179

I think the B&W is better. Fuji GFX 50S single shot in 24x65 format.

While the black and white shows an interesting enough sky the landscape itself is very one dimensional.

Like any other format a Pan needs an interesting and distinct foreground middle distance and far distance.
It is something that most of us find difficult when shoot in landscapes from ground level.

It is as if we purposely exclude foreground features,
Provided they are not close to a join between images parallax need not be a problem.

Wentworth Woodhouse

The east front in the photo is the longest of any country house in Europe. It has an interesting history - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Woodhouse and if you are in the area it is well worth a visit; the guided tours of the house and garden are excellent.

ww3000 by Dave Marley, on Flickr

Dave

It looks much more impressive without the Scaffold!!! It is a stunning house, the stable block is stunning too, infact the whole estate and the village itself is lovely. I do like the follies too, especially the needles eye and the mausoleum.

Last edited:
Is it just me that ^^ that keeps getting squished for? It starts off displaying properly and then squashes up. :whistle:

I must admit that since I got Microsoft ICE, I've found that most days out (I do a lot of classic car shows, often at stately homes) include a sequence of images that I can stick through it. In some cases they turn out a bit mundane, but it can often make it easier than trying to find a better viewpoint - at car shows you often can't move far enough back to get a single image of the whole display stand, for example.

webIMGP3125_stitch.jpg
procIMGP9741_stitch.jpg

Back