Lets see your panoramas

I am as much a landscape photogrpaher as I am a wedding photogrpaher....It really isn't me.. So I have no idea what makes a good landscape.. But I know I liked this scene at loch lamond so...

Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

Just started doing panos and stitching in PS. This was about 6 images but after cropping probably reduced to 3.noigeat freston.jpg small.jpg

Last edited:
Just wondering if this is still restricted to stitched panoramas? I love pano's but rarely think of doing stitches.
If you mean in cam panos then those are fine, for me anyway. Not sure that a normal image with a pano crop counts though.

Overlooking my little town in Wiltshire.

Mere Panoramic by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Like many pans this illustrates that a higher viewpoint is very helpful.
There is a slight loss of contrast in this image that could do with a little boost in the "Greyer" areas.
I would have liked to see a little more foreground as it feels a little "cut off"

Just started doing panos and stitching in PS. This was about 6 images but after cropping probably reduced to 3.View attachment 290559

Very well done, but not sure why it needed six images.
This is another way to get get good depth in a pan by shooting a "Rising" landscape
It also illustrates very well that pans do not need to be letterbox shaped.

Cregennen Lake (Llyn Cregennen) I was on top of that ridge on Saturday!
thats it! I'm terrible with names at the best of times. I was really lucky when I went there, when I parked up there was one other car there and it left as soon as I got out, had the whole place to myself

thats it! I'm terrible with names at the best of times. I was really lucky when I went there, when I parked up there was one other car there and it left as soon as I got out, had the whole place to myself

It's a great spot. There were twelve vehicles overnight there last weekend. (Including mine.....). Conditions not good for photography, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Up on the usual West Hill. I think that's it's official name anyway......

My club challenge for this month is to photograph a ruin, and Corfe Castle fits the bill quite easily! I was told about a pub car park (The Scott Inn if I recall), is this in the same area?

My club challenge for this month is to photograph a ruin, and Corfe Castle fits the bill quite easily! I was told about a pub car park (The Scott Inn if I recall), is this in the same area?

Not sure. Never heard of the pub or noticed any pubs. Just turn off the main road & there's parking space for about 20-30 cars.....

Gee, I could go to town here , panoramas are my 'specialty' :

5964-5968.jpg

Consequences of Australian bushfires early 2020 ; burnt-out forest hills in southern NSW, Australia . Strange contrast to untouched lake shore below .

Canon 5D w / 135 mm lens ISO 100 . 5 shots stitched .

Last edited:
Thought it about time I posted on here again. The Sound of Jura. 4 image stitch, its not a perfect stitch, but I like it, brings back memories of a wonderful holiday

Jura by Steve Vickers, on Flickr

Last edited:
193002-009.jpg

Swiss Alps , just what most of you need when you're already freezing and locked down . 8 images stitched

Back