Lewis Hamilton

You seem to have a problem with Black issues. it is from those attitudes, that the problems arise.

I do not agree that Black people have a physical advantage.
in some sports Tall people have an advantage, in others people who live at high altitudes have an advantage. neither of these are racial characteristics.
Physical characteristics are not exclusively racial.

You are very wrong. there was a documentary about Colin Jackson - "The Making of Me" - where they found he had a higher proportion of fast twitch muscle fibres compared to other sprinters. This was the first time they had tried this experiment, taking a biopsy from his leg muscle. It is no coincidence that ALL the great sprinters are black. It is also no coincidence that there are hardly any black swimmers. There were also black boxers and athletes in US sport nearly 100 years ago - Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Jesse Owens, Althea Gibson, Jackie Robinson, Jack Johnson, Wilma Rudolph.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mHQACvZfc

You seem to have a problem with Black issues. it is from those attitudes, that the problems arise.

.... No, I am merely being honest about the fact that I am utterly fed up with having Black issues continually in my face in all media. Similarly I am fed up with all the constant media coverage about the covid pandemic. It's no wonder that I prefer to live in my own bubble separate from the rest of the populace.

.... No, I am merely being honest about the fact that I am utterly fed up with having Black issues continually in my face in all media. Similarly I am fed up with all the constant media coverage about the covid pandemic. It's no wonder that I prefer to live in my own bubble separate from the rest of the populace.

Serious issues get serious coverage.
that is life.
Better than being as ostrich

You are very wrong. there was a documentary about Colin Jackson - "The Making of Me" - where they found he had a higher proportion of fast twitch muscle fibres compared to other sprinters. This was the first time they had tried this experiment, taking a biopsy from his leg muscle. It is no coincidence that ALL the great sprinters are black. It is also no coincidence that there are hardly any black swimmers. There were also black boxers and athletes in US sport nearly 100 years ago - Jersey Joe Walcott, Joe Louis, Jesse Owens, Althea Gibson, Jackie Robinson, Jack Johnson, Wilma Rudolph.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-mHQACvZfc

"After a successful season with the minor league Montreal Royals in 1946, Robinson officially broke the major league color line when he put on a Dodgers uniform, number 42, in April 1947. "

RACISM OR NOT ?

To try and get this back on track...

LH is just better than everybody else. "But he has the best car".... Well so does his teammate, who is also a great driver, but just not of the same standard. Hamilton won races in his first year at Mercedes, when the car wasn't competitive. The best drivers get into the best teams and they help perfect the car. It's their feedback that tells the guys in the factory what's great, and what's not.

Is it boring? Well sometimes, but when the chips are down, you KNOW he will pull out all the stops. He was over 20 seconds behind in 6th place at one point, but he kept his car on the track, and if you didn't see the state of the tyres at the end, well... All the tread had gone from them and he was driving a damp track on slicks, sort of.

He is the best of the best, especially in this era. Not sure if we'll see him knighted though.....

To try and get this back on track...

LH is just better than everybody else. "But he has the best car".... Well so does his teammate, who is also a great driver, but just not of the same standard. Hamilton won races in his first year at Mercedes, when the car wasn't competitive. The best drivers get into the best teams and they help perfect the car. It's their feedback that tells the guys in the factory what's great, and what's not.

Is it boring? Well sometimes, but when the chips are down, you KNOW he will pull out all the stops. He was over 20 seconds behind in 6th place at one point, but he kept his car on the track, and if you didn't see the state of the tyres at the end, well... All the tread had gone from them and he was driving a damp track on slicks, sort of.

He is the best of the best, especially in this era. Not sure if we'll see him knighted though.....

Lots of people have been knighted for far less.
But he should have to overcome prejudice in high places.
He will need a very high placed champion to make his case.

Lots of people have been knighted for far less.
But he should have to overcome prejudice in high places.
He will need a very high placed champion to make his case.

Totally agree, 7 World Championships, Andy Murray won Wimbledon twice, plus a gold medal in the olympics, Other UK drivers that have been knighted include:

I think he tops them, his issues seem to be his politics and that he lives in Monaco (even so he was apparently in the top 200 of UK tax payers last year).

Serious issues get serious coverage.
that is life.
Better than being as ostrich

.... Of course serious issues get serious coverage. I simply think that politics should be left outside the door to the arena of sports competitions. International sport is an opportunity to put politics and issues aside. It's an opportunity for ALL races of people to come together and celebrate their sport and not whinge about their differences or perceived rights.

If what Hamilton claims about Black opportunities is true, then how come he has become numero uno champion in his chosen sport? He is misguided and just jumping on the BLM bandwagon.

Not much fun burying one's head in the ground like an ostrich and leaving the rest of yourself exposed and vulnerable. Far better to live on your own private island. Or inside the protection of your own bubble as I do.

If what Hamilton claims about Black opportunities is true, then how come he has become numero uno champion in his chosen sport? He is misguided and just jumping on the BLM bandwagon.

As a 7 times world champion, I think he knows the industry well and he feels that there are not many opportunities for those from ethnic minorities, he is the only black racing driver in F1, so he has a point. He has got where he is because of 3 things:

1) His parents worked very hard (multiple jobs) to pay for his cart racing.
2) His father helped get sponsorship and. Maclaren picked him up at a very young age.
3) He's exceptionally talented.

This isn't really on point but that debacle over watches seems very unseemly and LH dropped in my esteem even if it only happened because he didn't keep an eye on what his legal team were up to. I hope that's the case but if he had any real hand in it it doesn't look good.

As a 7 times world champion, I think he knows the industry well and he feels that there are not many opportunities for those from ethnic minorities, he is the only black racing driver in F1, so he has a point. He has got where he is because of 3 things:

1) His parents worked very hard (multiple jobs) to pay for his cart racing.
2) His father helped get sponsorship and. Maclaren picked him up at a very young age.
3) He's exceptionally talented.
Not being in F1 and not having the opportunity is nothing to do with the colour of your skin. The fact that his parents worked very hard to pay for his karting and it was Lewis that approached Ron Dennis himself and told him that one day he would be racing for him in F1, proves that you have to make your own opportunities.
Idris Elba could have settled for working at Ford in Dagenham with his father, but he had the drive and passion to make his own opportunities to pursue his acting career. Yet there are more white actors than black.
They are called a minority for a reason, they are ethnic a minority in terms of population. It has nothing to do with what career you chose.

Not being in F1 and not having the opportunity is nothing to do with the colour of your skin. The fact that his parents worked very hard to pay for his karting and it was Lewis that approached Ron Dennis himself and told him that one day he would be racing for him in F1, proves that you have to make your own opportunities.
Idris Elba could have settled for working at Ford in Dagenham with his father, but he had the drive and passion to make his own opportunities to pursue his acting career. Yet there are more white actors than black.
They are called a minority for a reason, they are ethnic a minority in terms of population. It has nothing to do with what career you chose.

.... Absolutely my point! Thankyou.

In all fields, whether competitive sports or not, the exceptionally talented invariably rise to the top. This is regardless of their ethnicity. The era of Black slavery ended several lifetimes ago - It's time for Black people to move on and live in the Now. We don't need BLM in motorsport. But of course the teams and their sponsors gain from being seen to be supporting it. It won't last.

F1 is especially competitive at all levels and not just in the driver market. F1 is all about hard competition. Would Hamilton have it not so? Does he not derive more pleasure from himself rising to the top through hard work rather than opportunities being handed to him on a plate just because he is Black? Time after time he states how much he enjoys winning a race where he hasn't started from pole and has had some fun racing battles on his way to winning.

In all fields, whether competitive sports or not, the exceptionally talented invariably rise to the top. This is regardless of their ethnicity. The era of Black slavery ended several lifetimes ago - It's time for Black people to move on and live in the Now. We don't need BLM in motorsport. But of course the teams and their sponsors gain from being seen to be supporting it. It won't last.

F1 is especially competitive at all levels and not just in the driver market. F1 is all about hard competition. Would Hamilton have it not so? Does he not derive more pleasure from himself rising to the top through hard work rather than opportunities being handed to him on a plate just because he is Black? Time after time he states how much he enjoys winning a race where he hasn't started from pole and has had some fun racing battles on his way to winning.

It would be nice if that was the case but some sports are possibly still riddled with if not racism then cronyism and maybe even the old school tie. For example a contact of mine had a daughter who did well at tennis regularly beating her rivals at club level but when it came to tournaments the club backed and put forward the girls she regularly beat so eventually she just gave up. Who daddy is and who daddy knows still rules in some circles. Actually the UK's best at the mo (I think he still is...) Andy Murray I believe trained in Spain?

The fact that he is black hasn't stood in Nic Hamilton's way of getting into motorsport, but he does get a lot of negativity from some BTCC fans. Nic's only barrier from being successful is his disability that prevents him from driving as well as and fast as the others in the championship. But he gets alot of negativity because he is slower, people see it as a waste of a drive because other faster drivers have to miss out. People get the idea that Lewis is paying for his brother to race, he doesn't, Nic works hard on getting his own sponsors, sure Lewis being his brother means he might get some TV time and be more attractive to sponsors. But he still works hard to find the sponsors in the first place and he has the determination to get out there and race, do the best he can, enjoy himself and raise awareness for disabled people.

The cross party F1 group in parliament, are pressing For Hamilton to be Knighted. so at least it has been recognised as overdue.
However the Honours committee can be a barrier.

Last edited:
It would be nice if that was the case but some sports are possibly still riddled with if not racism then cronyism and maybe even the old school tie. For example a contact of mine had a daughter who did well at tennis regularly beating her rivals at club level but when it came to tournaments the club backed and put forward the girls she regularly beat so eventually she just gave up. Who daddy is and who daddy knows still rules in some circles. Actually the UK's best at the mo (I think he still is...) Andy Murray I believe trained in Spain?

.... If indeed Andy Murray did train in Spain (I simply don't know as I am not a fan of his - Give me Sabine Lisicki every time!), then it's another example of determination and talent overcoming all obstacles.

Cronyism is a perfectly healthy practice and anyway never completely ignores a candidate's ability to effectively perform well. At all levels it is sometimes preferable to hire someone you know you can work with rather than base it solely on formal qualifications. I have, when I used to work many years ago, always hired people based on their personality and portfolio (talent).

Try getting into Polo! :D

Never met Lewis Hamilton but haven spoken to Nic on occasions at BTCC meetings he’s a really nice guy doing what he loves, not everybody can be a winner, but if you give it your best shot, that’ll do.

The cross party F1 group in parliament, are pressing For Hamilton to be Knighted. so at least it has been recognised as overdue.
However the Honours committee can be a barrier.

.... Knighthood became devalued a long time ago when they first started being given out just for sports activities.

Give Hamilton a gong instead. Is it reasonable to ask if he would go down on one knee to Her Majesty The Queen? I'll give him the benefit of any doubt and say he probably would - Indeed I hope he would!

Never met Lewis Hamilton but haven spoken to Nic on occasions at BTCC meetings he’s a really nice guy doing what he loves, not everybody can be a winner, but if you give it your best shot, that’ll do.

.... If you are doing what you love, then you already are a winner. The other stuff is just the cream on the cake.

Polo isn't that difficult to get into.

.... Really? I suppose that nowadays it may be no more difficult than getting a knighthood. Lots of money still needed though.

.... Really? I suppose that nowadays it may be no more difficult than getting a knighthood. Lots of money still needed though.

Plenty of low goal clubs who will give you lessons for around £50 a pop. Chukkas are a similar fee. Peanuts when compared to motor racing.

.... If indeed Andy Murray did train in Spain (I simply don't know as I am not a fan of his - Give me Sabine Lisicki every time!), then it's another example of determination and talent overcoming all obstacles.
It could be that he trains in Spain because it is warmer, it will raise his fitness and prepare him for the summer tournaments. I don't see it as any different to our athletes training in Australia.

Probably in relation to the alledged use of performance enhancing drugs.

I wonder when Grand Prix drivers will be tested for 'performance enhancers?'

On topic;

Lewis hamilton is absolutely outstanding as a driver, this is not just his performances on a Sunday afternoon but his ability to work with engineers to make the car he has the best car on the grid by a good margin - it is no 'stroke of luck' that he has the best car; he has played a huge part in developing that car, what we witness on a GP weekend is just the 'tip of the iceberg' in respect to his abilities.

Is he the best? IMO by a long way.

He deserves every accolode he gets - well done Lewis for everything!

If there is a hint of suspicion about Russian athletes then their whole team is banned, when it is our athletes we cover it up and move along. I hate cheating in sports and I hate double standards even more.

Back