Liberty

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep another bald eagle, I travelled up to Lincolnshire to see this fly in the display, hoping to get a few shots of it in flight, with that enormous 7ft wing span.

Got there earlyish, and waited 4 hours for the show.

Saw a quick glimps of it in the distance as it was released from its pen, supposedly to fly over to the display arena.

It soared high in the air, and was last seen a mile away.

I waited an hour for it's return, but the display was cancelled anyway. :)

P1070427JPG.jpg

P1070418JPG.jpg

Looking where it intended going?

P1070445JPG.jpg

I phoned up the centre this morning, it did come back eventually, a number of hours later.

It's name was Liberty btw

#2 is gorgeous!
such detail on the body :clap:

Thank you both (y)

Gives me a reason to travel up there again, I spotted a couple or three places I'd like to stop and photograph :)

Good pics, used to live near Butterfly park a few years ago, I think the Vulture was prone to the same actions I'm sure it was spotted once near the local Butcher shop in Long Sutton:LOL:

:LOL:

It's names Nutty :)

The reason their legs are white is because they've been bleached by the bird urinating on them. They're full of blood vessels, and it cools them down in their hot native enviroment, allowing for evaporative cooling. Also it acts as a disinfectant

No feathers on their face and often their neck, so they don't get clogged up with gore :)

P1070443JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Back