Wild Light changes everything

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
The word "photography" was created from the Greek roots φωτός (phōto's), genitive of φῶς (phōs), "light" and γραφή (graphé) "representation by means of lines" or "drawing", together meaning "drawing with light". - Wikipedia.

The winter light is one of the reasons I choose Norway for the eagles.

light.jpg

Des again cheers for posting.............. inspiring image making. I won't bore ya with how much I like it an all :LOL:

Mate I'm not traveled like you.................... being brutally honest I've no passport I know a tiny bit about the midlands and the south west. and a smidge of Wales that's it bud.

So can you explain................elabourate about that Nowegian winter light for me please. Obviously I can see it in the image, but I'm clueless about how light in the north works the sun is so low in the sky does the golden hour get extended up there ?

I said inspiring................... I'm trying to make a camper to go toggin in............inspiring enough for a lad that knows nowt of the world to start to ponder driving to Noway;)

TFS

stu

So can you explain................elabourate about that Nowegian winter light for me please. Obviously I can see it in the image, but I'm clueless about how light in the north works the sun is so low in the sky does the golden hour get extended up there ?
Stu, I'm sure there must a scientific explanation for this but I don't profess to know it. What I do know is that the variety and quality that I come across in winter time, at sea, I don't find where we are further south. Don't get me wrong, not everyday is spectacular. But when it is, it's wonderful.

eagle.jpg

eagle02.jpg

eagle03.jpg

eagle04.jpg

Too much science might just baffle me Des:LOL:.....meh ok maybe not... at the moment it would !!

I wasn't really questing for that though :)

Thanks so much for coming back with more images Des very kind. I guess what might help me most would be this:

can you give me times of day time of year for each of them please?

oh and as an aside cheers for your time . within a spectacular set............................. the second image in the new "set" is the one that moves me :cool:

Jan and Feb is good, Stu. I'm normally out at first light and stay till late morning then out again late afternoon until sunset. In fact, #2 was shot just after the sun fell below horizon - the mauve colour was caused by the afterglow.

Hope that helps.

Maybe because the sun is usually lower in the sky? Like at sunset and dusk

These are fantastic! I really enjoyed browsing your site as well, very inspirational.

Back