Light painted mountain bike

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
So I have taken a bit of inspiration from all the light painting images on here and took a spare 10 minutes to give light painting a go on my new mountain bike.

Lessons learnt.

1. Plan ahead (i didn't)
2. Light painting is addictive
3. Have more time (revert back to point 1)
4. Be consistent with the way that you paint your image as its then easier to make changes as you go along.

Any feedback from the light painting pros would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Pete

7211798742_424d2e9a6b_z.jpg
[/url]
Commencal Meta SX by pjlawrie, on Flickr[/IMG]

There is a fair amount of spill on the background for the lighting and the darker areas could use some light on them :shrug: but overall not a bad effort (y) it takes time a a fair amount of practice to get the light painting technique down (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Well painted but agree about the spill, that would look awesome against a pure black BG.

Looks pretty cool. Maybe if you propped the bike up with a twig or something (which you could PS out after) you wouldn't have to lean it against a wall. You could put it somewhere open and get it so the bike had nothing near it in the background, and then you wouldn't see much spill?

I've never tried light painting though so what do I know. :)

cheers for the feedback, agree with all thats been posted so far.

Going to give it another go this weekend with the bike balanced away from the wall to see if I can get just the bike painted without the background spill.

Trial and error or practice, practice, practice i'm not sure which at the moment!

Back