Light Painted Porsche Boxster

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
As title really - never done anything like this before - just inspired by other photos I've seen but hoping to get technique and retouch technique nailed with practice.

Camera on tripod, 15 sec. exposure whilst walking around the car with a LED light wand.

i-fkBkbq5-XL.jpg

i-KcL2R9g-XL.jpg

Looking good mate. You not doing weddings anymore then?

Looking good mate. You not doing weddings anymore then?

Yes and no - not chasing them though. I have a couple in the diary - all of which I've talked about, verbally agreed, exchange contracts but no sign of deposits on :)

Less inclined to go after that sort of business at the moment though, I enjoy the cars more if I'm honest and time has been an issue of late with the full time job being ridiculously busy!

How about your good self?

Doing lots of second shooting for a guy in Blaina. One every weekend for the last two months or so. Got a couple booked in for next year. Wondered if you were available on June 16th? No worries if you not.

Doing lots of second shooting for a guy in Blaina. One every weekend for the last two months or so. Got a couple booked in for next year. Wondered if you were available on June 16th? No worries if you not.

Never say never, always down there in June anyway, in fact down there this weekend actually :D

Good to hear you're getting some regular shooting.

Not bad at all, although the white line reflecting the light down the side is distracting. It's caused by the light source being harsh, I've done the same myself with flashguns. The solution for me was to soften the light source. I used a softbox, I've also used tracing/baking paper.

Great use of location and the sky colours/floor. If you catch that 10 mins after sunset you end up with a royal blue sky, which I think would also suit that car.

Never say never, always down there in June anyway, in fact down there this weekend actually :D

Good to hear you're getting some regular shooting.

Cool, I'll give you some details then.

2nd shot for me, though I'd prefer to see the sky toned down a little.

The sky is toned down, it was just after sunset and if anything is a lot darker.

Giving it another go with some Ferraris later this evening. Going to be a late one!

Back