Light painted Tong Church (St Bartholemews)

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks I revisited this church this week for a bit of fun stuff, out came the torch and the 14-24. Tong is relatively rural and it was pitch black during shooting so the light pollution was more than I thought it would have been, however i quite like the red glow and think it adds something to the image.

I've posted the natural version and a more processed version since I can't decide which I prefer.

Cheers Andy

10457910934_d0473dd112_c.jpg
[/url]
tongchurch torchlit std colour-2 by andy&nic, on Flickr[/IMG]

10456745515_2883a86903_c.jpg
[/url]
tongchurch torchlit by andy&nic, on Flickr[/IMG]

Third image added, with cloned in light on the dark window.

10499556495_6d4d60e784_c.jpg
[/url]
tongchurch extralit window by andy&nic, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
I like both of these. I think your efforts have paid off well. I think the first is the better of the two.

Thanks for sharing this with us Andy

I know this church which is on the right of the A41 Newport Road almost just as it comes off the M54. Indeed I recall stopping there a couple of years ago to take pictures of it's magnificent and imposing character though not with the thought and effort you have into yours. I like the ' au natural ' version best and don't think it needs much more doing to it.

Keep 'em coming :)

First one looks pretty good to me too! (y)

Thanks for sharing this with us Andy

I know this church which is on the right of the A41 Newport Road almost just as it comes off the M54. Indeed I recall stopping there a couple of years ago to take pictures of it's magnificent and imposing character though not with the thought and effort you have into yours. I like the ' au natural ' version best and don't think it needs much more doing to it.

Keep 'em coming :)

Thanks for the considered comments, I'm quite pleased with the outcome of the shots.
I always find it significantly harder to photograph and create images from landscapes that are well known to me; I've a dilapidated windmill a stones throw from my front door that I've never shot, yet will drive 200 miles to shoot a landscape I've never seen.
Cheers Andy

I really think these are excellent, as you said, the light pollution adds to these.

I love the first 1. Great work

First one looks pretty good to me too! (y)

I really think these are excellent, as you said, the light pollution adds to these.

Yup, definitely the first one for me.

Thanks for the feedback folks, interesting that you all pick number 1 over number 3. I do now agree that the natural processed image is the winner.
Thanks all for taking the time to review the shots and comment.
Cheers
Andy

Back