Light Reading

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

One of the members at our camera club is trying to teach us lighting "he his most clever and knows stuff I will never get the hang of " but hey ho he gives up his time and tries to help the numpty's :)
When then forget the stuff pretty rapidly :-(
Anyhow this week he was showing us how to create this look made popular by some other photographer, he had an example in a book he brought.
Well we tried and made quite a faff of it, before he helped us out and showed us how it was done.

So last night I tried to create the feel at home as a selfie. I made the book cover as Ian is the guy at the club and I thought it would be fun to do something a bit novel.
I used speedlights as I don't own studio stuff.

All comments and crit are welcomed/encouraged good or bad.

Gaz

Lighting_me_iantp.jpg

I quite like this, Gaz - perhaps not so keen on the square crop, but I think the effect you were going for has worked well.

I quite like this, Gaz - perhaps not so keen on the square crop, but I think the effect you were going for has worked well.
Hi Bethy. Thanks for stopping by :)

lighting_3x2_tp.jpg

Normal ratio any better or worse ?

Gaz

Hi Bethy. Thanks for stopping by :)

lighting_3x2_tp.jpg

Normal ratio any better or worse ?

Gaz
I much prefer this one. I love the background and how it's lit. I think the wider crop is far more effective. :)
Of course, just my opinion....

I much prefer this one. I love the background and how it's lit. I think the wider crop is far more effective. :)
Of course, just my opinion....

Thanks Beth. I do look squished in the square crop :)

Gaz

Back