Light Trails - 1st Attempt

Simon Blades

1/2 a Daley
Name
Simon Blades
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys,

Thought I'd take a go at some night trail photography last night, living close to a motorway means I don't really have an excuse. I did find however that it isn't particularly busy past 10pm!

Light Trails #1
by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Light Trails #2
by Simon Blades, on Flickr

Another thing I found is the Panasonic companion app for the GX80 is useless, I couldn't (or didn't know how to) adjust the aperture or shutter length through the app and if you amend it on the camera it makes the app crash and you end up having to connect to the camera all over again!

Thanks
Simon

2nd shot is the best imo as the 1st is all scrunched up and there`s nothing really of interest to look at.
Good 1st attempt.

Thanks.

I'm quite pleased with how the 2nd one turned out as at that location it was pretty much pitch black and I wasn't expecting much from the resulting photos.

Iso was the first thing I set, I chose 400, set the aperture to somewhere in the middle and then just kept increasing my exposure time.

As the nights get darker earlier, you will be able to get some better trails, but great first attempt

As the nights get darker earlier, you will be able to get some better trails, but great first attempt

This is something I thought about whilst doing it. I’m moving next week so will have to make the journey back to this location as there’s a few good places to get the tripod

Nice!

First attempt you say? Pretty darn good.

My first attempt not that long ago looked like a violent nosebleed!....and not in a good way!!

I'll be trying again as the days grow shorter....get that rush hour traffic in the dark evenings soon, should be more successful hopefully.

Back