Lightbulb Moment

Name
Geoff
Edit My Images
Yes
Inspired by several posts, Candle Flame in Lightbulb, Lightbulb, Oil on Water and Waterdrops (apologies can't remember member names), I had a lightbulb moment.

The only light came from a lamp in the corner of the room and the screensaver running on a 30" monitor
EOS 100D, Canon EF100mm f2.8 USM
Aperture Priority, f8, 5secs, ISO 400
Manual Focus

Other than adjusting the brightness/contrast, everything is as caught in camera. (The texture on the bottom is from the A3 leather portfolio I put under the glass.)

10349-1425164219-a8ffbd7ebe2d50a22060a2b25c223f64.jpg

PS. Comment and crits welcome.

Last edited:
That's a really nice shot!

May have to try something like that myself.

Very nice Geoff :) I think having the writing at the rear of the bulb / image works very well, think it could have been distracting if it was on the front...

Think I may borrow this idea :D

Very nice work Geoff.(y)

Thanks once again for the positive comments and likes, I had a comment (offsite), who thought it was a digital painting of a lightbulb.. It isn't - I wish my Photoshop skills were that good - it's just an everyday philipps halogen lightbulb....

It was an interesting experiment, if it didn't work - as Edison once said (I'm paraphrasing here) I haven't failed, just found ways of not succeeding...

Last edited:
Brilliant image, you make it sound like an easy image to achieve.
simply brilliant .

You must have done something right! In both cases very good!

I'm gonna try that! I think it's great!

I did some Photoshop stuff which was quite good, but these are Excellent, makes me want to go play :)

Very nice, something a bit different and effective.

Thanks everyone for your positive comments. About the only thing I had no control over where the colours captured, the screensaver was random, so it was a case of keep taking photographs and reviewing them and trying again. I think I took 150ish shots, so I had plentyof opportunties to get everything in focus, it was just a matter of the colours that came out.

Fantastic clean and colourful image. Well conceived and well executed. Might well try that myself :)

Very cool. Like you say it's very magical looking the way the colour is reflected of the different areas within the bulb.

Gaz

Great colours I will have to have a go at this. Is the screen saver just random images?

Very cool shot,sometimes if you take the time to look at the things we have around us,sometimes they end up being the best shots!

Great colours I will have to have a go at this. Is the screen saver just random images?

The screensaver is called Solarwinds, and produces a random colour changing swirling pattern. If you google on images you'll see lots of still shots of the screensaver.

Thanks for all the comments John, Jake, Baz, Colin and IronBee.

Back