Lighthouse Seascape

Name
Leigh-Ann
Edit My Images
No
Rattray Head lighthouse NE Scotland...... This image was taken in pretty challenging conditions on a windy day, trying to hang on to my tripod with my back to the wind sheltering from the sand kicking up so i was happy with the results! Rattray head is a fantastic location one i have visited several times now if you get the chance to visit i would definitely recommend it...... Two images including a slightly cropped version both shot with my Canon 16-35 mm on my Canon 6D

MAKE LIKE A LIGHTHOUSE AND SHINE
by Leigh-Ann Mitchell, on Flickr

DREAMING
by Leigh-Ann Mitchell, on Flickr

These are very good - as already said, many crop much more tightly, but you've used the surrounds very well here for context and personal involvement. Colours are really intense and satisfying without being OTT too.

Sorry for delay in reply we seem to have some snow which is causing some havoc on our country road which has resulted in pulling several cars out of snow drifts with our tractor! Thank you all for the kind and constructive comments it's very easy to just concentrate on the lighthouse itself but I love my 16-35 mm lens so it great to give viewers and idea of the whole picture and it's such a lovely beach you can always find the seaweed washed up for some nice foreground interest, on this day I had some nice powder puff clouds as I call them set against the blue sky, I did wonder if I should crop some of the sky out in the first image but I felt it gave it some height? Anyway I'm glad you like it I was pleased with the end results after hanging on to my tripod I was flossing the sand out my teeth for a few days after :D

Back