lightpainting and wire wool first attempt

The first take is kinda cool in terms of exposure
but one could imagine a somewhat more vivid
rendition…

wirewoolpp.jpg

The cool effect is…

— a spherical ball
— wear black clothes and mask
— start spinning before SS so no highlights will be burnt.

This is one of the many exercises I did with my sons and
they were crazy about it when they started in photography
some 10 years ago… and they still are!

wirewoolpp.jpg

The cool effect is…

— a spherical ball

Not quite a sperical ball, this looks like the classic begginers mistake of turning your body round whilst spinning. To get a spherical ball or orb you have to move your body round a point on the ground. Put a shiny coin on the ground and spin whilst moving around it keeping each bottom turn above the coin.

Not quite a sperical ball, this looks like the classic begginers mistake of turning your body round whilst spinning. To get a spherical ball or orb you have to move your body round a point on the ground. Put a shiny coin on the ground and spin whilst moving around it keeping each bottom turn above the coin.
Thanks for the advice Martin, it was purely just playing we wasn't attempting a ball it was just being spun all,over to see what effects we got, but I will use your coin advice. Thank you

Personally I like the third the best. I don't think the wire spinning adds anything to the image.

For a first attempt the wire wool spinning looks great. I remember mine were all slightly out of focus on my first attempt (only slightly but enough for me to notice).
I started experimenting with multicoloured filters over my lens after a while to get a more colourful look to the spin although this can also be done in PP.

Back