Lightroom 5.7.1 issues uploading/exporting problems?

Edit My Images
No
Dear all

I've been having problems uploading and exporting files from my hard drive/external memory stick and direct from camera to lightroom 5, I originally thought my sd card slot on my laptop was faulty but now I'm thinking the problem is software based? basically all I can do is view images in the library module but can't work on anything in develop...all I get is a import results box pop up saying ''some import operations were not performed'' and lists the files I want to import with ''could not copy the file to the requested location.

I've had this issue for a few weeks now but haven't looked into it as I don't currently possess a camera!!

Any advice would be greatly received

Matt

Hi Matt,

Are you on a windows machine or mac, as software reset may help. Also may be worth checking where the files are being downloaded to.

Thanks, I'm using Windows on my ageing but ever reliable acer laptop.

Tried reinstalling Lightroom but makes no difference, I also have Picassa and photoscape installed and these work fine with no problems but these are somewhat limited compared to Lightroom. I've also tried installing a trial of the latest Lightroom version but got so far before an error code notification so ditched it!

Matt

Many thanks for the replies but think I'm sorted, feel a bit of a twonk but I was selecting copy to dng instead of add from my import page....though don't recall it being an issue before!!

Might even borrow my partners camera and go and take some snaps!!

Matt

Back