Lightroom 6.14 license.

Edit My Images
Yes
I hear these can go for big bucks on eBay but I cant find an example, any ideas.

TIA

Last edited:
Don't really understand why people are paying big money for Software that's been unsupported for almost 4 years? If you want to use Lightroom pick the subscription up when it's on sale for £70-£80 for a year (Black Friday on Amazon is usually good for this). If you don't want to go down the subscription route then just use something else. LR 6 is pretty far out of date now

Don't really understand why people are paying big money for Software that's been unsupported for almost 4 years? If you want to use Lightroom pick the subscription up when it's on sale for £70-£80 for a year (Black Friday on Amazon is usually good for this). If you don't want to go down the subscription route then just use something else. LR 6 is pretty far out of date now
Don't know as i'd buy it today, but my copy dates back to 2015 and was sixty quid for the upgrade from LR3.
Still does the job, latest and last update 6.14 enables me to convert the raw from my most used camera.
Even found a dehaze add on so not rushing to pay out for the subscription version just yet.

Don't really understand why people are paying big money for Software that's been unsupported for almost 4 years?

It could be that they are used to the interface of the software, and don't want to start a whole new learning curve, although LR6 is outdated, it still has plenty of features that people want, and if you can get a standalone copy that's going to last you forever, for around £50 it's a lot better than a monthly subscription, after all has LR CC got that much more to offer than LR6 some would probably say no, but it's probably all subjective to how much your using it, i.e if your a pro wedding photographer, chances are you are using it most days, if you're a hobbyist, probably once every few weeks, which then wouldn't justify a monthly subscription, unless of course money is no object to you. Horse's for courses I guess.

Last edited:
Only reason I'm forced to update was for support for my camera. Pick it up on black Friday and it's not too bad.

It could be that they are used to the interface of the software, and don't want to start a whole new learning curve, although LR6 is outdated, it still has plenty of features that people want, and if you can get a standalone copy that's going to last you forever, for around £50 it's a lot better than a monthly subscription, after all has LR CC got that much more to offer than LR6 some would probably say no, but it's probably all subjective to how much your using it, i.e if your a pro wedding photographer, chances are you are using it most days, if you're a hobbyist, probably once every few weeks, which then wouldn't justify a monthly subscription, unless of course money is no object to you. Horse's for courses I guess.

The LR Classic interface is the same as LR6 so it's not that. You can pick up a yearly subscription for about £70 or £80 at least once through the year, and loads of products seem to throw in a free month or two so in reality the subscription element can be made to largely go away if you want it to. The £9.98 subscription does get you rather a lot besides LR, you get Photoshop as well, all the cloud syncing so you can view your library on your phone, tablet or another PC. You also get Portfolio thrown in too if you want to build a simple photo website.

Don't know as i'd buy it today, but my copy dates back to 2015 and was sixty quid for the upgrade from LR3.
Still does the job, latest and last update 6.14 enables me to convert the raw from my most used camera.
Even found a dehaze add on so not rushing to pay out for the subscription version just yet.

If you've already got it then yes fair enough. I just don't know why you'd spend your cash on it today.

I was stuck on LR3 and switched to the subscription model years ago. I make heavy use of the cloud syncing aspect though so its worth it for me. I love having my entire Lightroom catalog available on my phone and iPad as well as my laptop

Where did you get the 6.14 download from please.

If you have LR version 6 the update no longer works from the menu.
You need to contact Adobe for a link to the final update 6.14.
Try the live chat option, known others to get it sorted that way.

Reactions: TG.
If you have LR version 6 the update no longer works from the menu.
You need to contact Adobe for a link to the final update 6.14.
Try the live chat option, known others to get it sorted that way.
Ok thanks for the info, is their much of an upgrade from 6 to 6.14 ?

Last edited:
Just use the Adobe dng converter on the raw files. The latest version supports lots of current camera models. That's what I do for my RX100 mk6 and use LR 6.14

I used to have Lr 5 (disc version), but then paid for an upgrade on Adobe website

I used to have Lr 5 (disc version), but then paid for an upgrade on Adobe website
I don't think you can do that anymore, Adobe take you straight to the subscription model.

No upgrades to the now unsupported standalone LR6, just about get the update to 6.14 if you jump through all the hoops.

Just use the Adobe dng converter on the raw files. The latest version supports lots of current camera models. That's what I do for my RX100 mk6 and use LR 6.14

Not everyone is a fan of dng files or adding an extra step to the editing process.

Just had a look at my account and I paid £64.66 for Lr6 (in 2017). All the updates to v6.14 were free. I believe 6.14 is the final update.

Just had a look at my account and I paid £64.66 for Lr6 (in 2017). All the updates to v6.14 were free. I believe 6.14 is the final update.

I paid £59 in 2015 for an upgrade from LR3 and yes 6.14 is the last and final update.

Agreed, not every one wants to use dng files. But the options are use that method or go for the LR subscription model. Or choose a different application to use instead of LR
And I don't want to pay a monthly fee or move from LR which I have used for years

I recently noticed the prices people are asking for Photoshop 7.0 on ebay. This is the version from 2002, the last one you can install out of the box without online activation (which is no longer available for CS-CS3). One copy of 7.0 recently went for over £200. Subscriptions are not universally popular!

The only thing that 6.14 doesn't give me and i wish it did is the ability to use blacks and whites sliders on selections (adjustment brush, radial filter, etc). All you get in 6.14 is shadows and highlights - not the same thing at all!

My suspicion is that most of the other "improvements" since v6 are unnecessary, mainly to persuade subscription users that they are getting something for their money.

This is correct.
However, if you need to download LR6 through your Adobe account (eg new PC) you'll get LR6.0 with no means of updating to 6.14 through the website. You have to chat on-line where they grill you to make sure you're kosher before emailing you a link for the update. I had to do this to ensure the version of ACR recognised D500 raws.

If you know someone running LR 6.14 and they are willing there is a simple work around. you copy the free update files from their PC/ laptop to yours.
On their machine goto C:\programfiles\adobe\adobe lightroom Copy the Lightroom folder to a memory stick.
On your machine goto C:\programfiles\adobe\adobe lightroom Paste the file from memory stick into lightroom folder
Allow administrator permission to replace all Lr 6.0 files with 6.14 files.
Thats it done.

Reactions: TG.
This page has what it claimed to be a working link for the update, confusingly named and packaged as a dual installer for the contemporary version of LR CC to drive users to CC subscriptions, which apparently installs 6.14 standalone if you feed it your LR6 key:

I recently noticed the prices people are asking for Photoshop 7.0 on ebay. This is the version from 2002, the last one you can install out of the box without online activation (which is no longer available for CS-CS3). One copy of 7.0 recently went for over £200. Subscriptions are not universally popular!

A couple of years ago (maybe more ) Adobe were giving free downloads of CS2 and I think CS3 as well, I remember seeing them.

A couple of years ago (maybe more ) Adobe were giving free downloads of CS2 and I think CS3 as well, I remember seeing them.
When the activation servers for CS2 went down, Adobe provided special versions of the installers that didn't require online activation. These were apparently only intended for people with existing CS2 licences, though they were posted on a publicly accessible website that didn't require any authorisation to grab the installers and their corresponding licence keys. When the same thing happened to the CS3 activation servers, Adobe required CS3 licence holders to provide their licence keys before they were allowed to download the special installers. Unfortunately, these special installers are no longer available from Adobe and anyone who didn't download them at the time has no legal means of re-installing CS2 or CS3.

Back