Lightroom and Photoshop Issue

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Since the last update to Photoshop I have encountered an issue when transferring images from Lightroom to Photoshop. After doing the initial edits in Lightroom and right clicking Edit in and selecting Photoshop CC 2019 the image opens up in photoshop. However all the editing menus are greyed out and I cannot make any adjustments to the image. Also some of the plug-ins I have e.g. Lumenzia arent loaded onto the PS interface. Its like Lightroom is opening up a different type of Photoshop.

If I open photoshop and open the saved image directly it seems to work ok. The issue as above is when editing in photoshop from lightroom. This only seems to have become an issue since the creative cloud updated photoshop recently.

Anyone else had this and know a fix? Am I doing something stupidly obviously wrong?

Thanks
Ben

I run a Mac and haven't come across this issue myself, but I have seen reports of this from other windows users.
The work around for now seems to be open Photoshop before sending the image over from lightroom.

I run a Mac and haven't come across this issue myself, but I have seen reports of this from other windows users.
The work around for now seems to be open Photoshop before sending the image over from lightroom.
My understanding also, though I’ve not personally experienced the issue.

Thanks, will try this tonight.

It has only been an issue since the last update a couple of weeks ago.

You are correct, how very odd.
If you make a copy on a new layer in PS ( Ctrl+j) most of the edit menus are visible , if you then delete the background the edit menu remains visible , very strange

Photoshop CC 2019 seems to be very buggy. I've been battling it for a few weeks and yesterday gave up and reinstalled CC 2018. The type tools are messed up, cropping doesn't work as expected, I've had linked files and smart objects jumping around etc. It's not fit for release.

You are correct, how very odd.
If you make a copy on a new layer in PS ( Ctrl+j) most of the edit menus are visible , if you then delete the background the edit menu remains visible , very strange

Photoshop CC 2019 seems to be very buggy. I've been battling it for a few weeks and yesterday gave up and reinstalled CC 2018. The type tools are messed up, cropping doesn't work as expected, I've had linked files and smart objects jumping around etc. It's not fit for release.

So its not just my version then! At least its not an obvious mistake on my end.

EDIT:
Just checked this again after work. It appears the version of photoshop on my desktop is Photoshop CC 2018. Lightroom however has changed to edit in Photoshop CC 2019 by default. I had to set up PS 2018 as another application to edit in. Seems ok now.

Last edited:
I'm also on a Mac, but when I want to "finish" the image off in PS, I select "Photo", then "Edit In" and select Photoshop. Never had a problem this way.

Back