Lightroom Cataloging Issue

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
When I signed up a few years ago to the Lightroom/Photoshop CC package I was adamant I would be very careful with my cataloging so that years down the line I could source pictures relatively easily if required but this year I seem to have encountered a problem.

I am using a MacBook pro to store them on when I upload them from my SD card and I put them in the folders as follows:

I created a folder called Lightroom on my desktop and then for each year called Lightroom 2015, Lightroom 2016 etc

I then create a "named" folder of the event/place of which I put in the appropriate year.

This all looks fine on the desktop and the pictures are stored correctly (see photo 1)

Pic 1

Untitled by Tony Keogh, on Flickr

But when its in Lightroom my Lightroom 2016 folder is missing (see pic 2)

Pic 2

Can anyone suggest what I may have done wrong and more importantly how can I resolve it ?

Many thanks

Tony

When I signed up a few years ago to the Lightroom/Photoshop CC package I was adamant I would be very careful with my cataloging so that years down the line I could source pictures relatively easily if required but this year I seem to have encountered a problem.

I am using a MacBook pro to store them on when I upload them from my SD card and I put them in the folders as follows:

I created a folder called Lightroom on my desktop and then for each year called Lightroom 2015, Lightroom 2016 etc

I then create a "named" folder of the event/place of which I put in the appropriate year.

This all looks fine on the desktop and the pictures are stored correctly (see photo 1)

Pic 1

But when its in Lightroom my Lightroom 2016 folder is missing (see pic 2)

Pic 2

Can anyone suggest what I may have done wrong and more importantly how can I resolve it ?

Many thanks

Tony

Do you mean 2018 folder is missing? 2016 Folder is showing as having 2127 files in it.

Right click (CTRL-click)... show parent folder maybe?

You sir are a genius of the highest order

Sorted the problem straight away

Many thanks

Tony

Just had the same problem again with my 2019 shots so it was nice to refer back to this to remind myself of what to do

Many thanks once again PhilH04

Back