Lightroom Classic no longer importing video

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
I'm getting an error if I try to import any video files into LR classic on my iMac. Error is along the lines of
Connecting to Dynamic Link Server Failed(1).

I thought this was confined to just my X-T2 but it seems it's all devices, iphones and my other cameras.

I've googled it and other than the odd suggestion of reinstalling LR, which I really don't fancy, there don't seem to be many ideas.

Anybody?

I have just had a go at importing a .mov file from my dashcam in LR classic using win 10 with no problems.
But if you are getting it with all your devices it could well be that LR has a corrupt file, reinstalling should not be that much of a hassle assuming you have got your catalogue backed up somewhere

I have just had a go at importing a .mov file from my dashcam in LR classic using win 10 with no problems.
But if you are getting it with all your devices it could well be that LR has a corrupt file, reinstalling should not be that much of a hassle assuming you have got your catalogue backed up somewhere

Thanks Chris. I tried a reinstall last night in the end but no joy.

But.... it does now seems to be working having gone and found the video cache folder and manually deleting everything in there. Hopefully it carries on working. I think I may have got a little lucky. Reading around online, it seems that many have had this problem for months.

Back