Lightroom cloud, sync edits backwards?

Edit My Images
No
Hi
Unfortunately I recently had my MacBook Pro stolen, luckily it was backed up using time machine.

I was using Lightroom with a creative cloud subscription, the problem I have is, between my last backup and my laptop getting stolen I had edited a good few hundred photos so the backup of my Lightroom catalogue won't contain any of the edits. I did sync the edited photos to the Lightroom cloud service, what I'm wondering is, is there any way to sync the edits in the cloud back to the original files when they get restored using my time machine backup?

I spent many hours editing the photos and considering they are in the cloud it would be a shame to lose all my hard work!!

Thanks

Rupert

I'd try on lightroomforums, probably the best place to get an answer on this subject. But I would make sure not connect to internet after the time machine restore in case that overwrites the cloud edits until I get an answer on what will happen...

I'd try on lightroomforums, probably the best place to get an answer on this subject. But I would make sure not connect to internet after the time machine restore in case that overwrites the cloud edits until I get an answer on what will happen...
Thanks for the tip/suggestion, sounds sensible, will keep lightroom away from the internet until I am sure I'm of the outcome!

If you go to Lightroom.adobe.com and sign in, you can see your photo’s there and the current state of the edits.
These should be synced back to Lightroom once it starts, but as has been said, let the restore complete fully from Timemachine before you connect up - no good can come from two independent ‘backups’ trying to restore at the same time.

Using the web interface you also have the opportunity to download individual files (perhaps not what you want, but a backup for anything critical perhaps).

Back