Lightroom exporting - cropped images

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
When my better half has finished editing her photos, she exports them to an external hard drive. This is then plugged into our TV and we can look at the photographs as a slide show. Any medium/heavily cropped images only fill a small part of the screen. Why don't they appear larger? Probably not explained this very well.

When my better half has finished editing her photos, she exports them to an external hard drive. This is then plugged into our TV and we can look at the photographs as a slide show. Any medium/heavily cropped images only fill a small part of the screen. Why don't they appear larger? Probably not explained this very well.

Perhaps they are exported at a small scale and the TV doesn't upscale the images to prevent them looking poor?

You've not mentioned anything about the software or the camera (phone?) used, but my guess would be that they need exporting to at least 1080P to fill the screen.

Software is Lightroom and the camera is a Nikon D7100. I'll try a few different export setting with some cropped images.

Can you pop an example image that comes up small into the thread? Make sure it's from the medium she uses to transfer the image and not a fresh export from LR.

Can you pop an example image that comes up small into the thread? Make sure it's from the medium she uses to transfer the image and not a fresh export from LR.
Looking at the properties of the image, it was an earlier camera than I thought - Nikon Coolpix 5700

Attachments

• Mixed Lakes 2017 (11).jpg
    Mixed Lakes 2017 (11).jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 8
I get exactly the same using the full screen slide show in PaintShop Pro. If I have an image which is a large crop, or one of my old prints that weren't upscaled when they were scanned, the viewer doesn't fit the image to the screen if that would then display it at more than 1:1, if that makes sense.

Image size 1024 X 683. If your TV is 1080P ie 1920 X 1080, then the image isn't large enough to fill the sceen and will appear small. TBH there's not enough information in the image to stand upscaling either.

Back